Track my Own Labs?

Beckmo

My inner child CRAVES chocolate!
I asked my P.A. if she would take over my labs for my surgeon instead of me going back to my surgeon (because he has a Jerk for a P.A.). She said she is comfortable ordering the regular labs but with the specialty labs, she doesn't really know what the "norms" should be for a Bariatric Patient, so she doesn't feel comfortable ordering them and reading them. She said it sets her up for a lawsuit.
I am wondering.... can I track my Own labs if I somehow get her to order the labs, can I just track them from what is said her on Bariatric Facts? I REALLY like this P.A. and would hate to change... but if I have to... I have to.

Yes, but remember OUR advice is from our own experience not medical advice.

With that said, I get my PCP (or did) to order mine and tweak my own. And he was ordering from the DS lab form listed in the pinned post in this forum. She might be willing to do it for you, all you can do is ask.

The normal range value is no different than for anyone else. And this normal range value is printed right on the lab report -- doctors never have to "think", she does not have to interpret anything. Perhaps the only difference is that we try to keep our values in the higher range of normal vs the lower range as it is hard work to get levels up if they sink too low.

The part that will be astonishing to her is that we have to supplement some vitamins at a dose that, on paper, looks like it could be toxic (vitamin A for example). However we do not properly ABSORB those vitamins so we will not get toxic and the lab results will show normal.

Latest posts

Back