Toss my Salad.....

Soontobelovely

Hi
Does lettuce induce bowel movements and/or increase in gas?
8 months post op and had a salad on Saturday and Tuesday and have not been the same since.

Hi
Does lettuce induce bowel movements and/or increase in gas?
8 months post op and had a salad on Saturday and Tuesday and have not been the same since.
It can.

Was it JUST lettuce?
What kind of lettuce?

My first salad was just a few bites of lettuce and lots of ranch dressing. My second one, added a bite of tomatoes, third one I added mushrooms. That way if something upset my system, I had a clue what it was.

Lettuce, especially iceberg that is not super fresh can induce instant diarrhea for me, but I am becoming more tolerant as time goes on. I still eat very little and if I have a salad it is for the meat, eggs, cheese, mushrooms, etc......not the lettuce part.

It can.

Was it JUST lettuce?
What kind of lettuce?

My first salad was just a few bites of lettuce and lots of ranch dressing. My second one, added a bite of tomatoes, third one I added mushrooms. That way if something upset my system, I had a clue what it was.

It is different for everyone. I eat salad all the time. Most of the time it doesn't make any difference. Sometimes, it will help move things along. Go slow and experiment.

Okay, I see your point. I had cucumbers, tomatoes and a salad topping consisting of dried cranberries and walnuts and the lettuce was a spring mix. I will try to slow it down to determine the culprit. Thx!!!

Latest posts

Back