Too much fun with veggies... :-(

I've never liked vegetables. Except tomatoes, but only the ones I grow, and I eat them sliced with salt and pepper. I can still do that, but I have to take the peel off now. And I always loved a good BLT. Now I just stack the tomato, bacon and mayo and eat it with a fork and knife. Sometimes I put avocado on it. But there's always more bacon than anything else.

I've never liked vegetables. Except tomatoes, but only the ones I grow, and I eat them sliced with salt and pepper. I can still do that, but I have to take the peel off now. And I always loved a good BLT. Now I just stack the tomato, bacon and mayo and eat it with a fork and knife. Sometimes I put avocado on it. But there's always more bacon than anything else.
Bacon is one of my favorite veggies.

Last edited:
Bacon is one of my favorite veggies.
Haha, my husband has a t shirt that says the same thing. He loooooves bacon and I think his metabolism is changing because as I get smaller, he's getting bigger and he thinks I'm the wicked witch for trying to rein in his bacon intake! I told him today that I put my body through hell so that I can be around longer for him and now he has to stop eating like a teenager so he can be around longer for me. Not so surprisingly, that didn't go over so well o_O

And @Parousia I think I tried bacon at probably around 6 weeks, cooked super crisp so it was the kind of texture where it kinda melts in the mouth, and had only a few very well chewed bites. I definitely tried it before steak or chicken.

And @Parousia I think I tried bacon at probably around 6 weeks, cooked super crisp so it was the kind of texture where it kinda melts in the mouth, and had only a few very well chewed bites. I definitely tried it before steak or chicken.
If the fat is really crispy, it can be like that...yum! I think perhaps some experimentation is in order!

I like REAL American cheese. I am not talking about the packaged cheese food stuff, or 10% milk kind, you find next to the bologna. This is an actual soft 100% cheese. You have to look for it in the fresh deli section of a grocery store or delicatessen. Taste testing is important. Some brands are flat and nasty but WalMart has a high end brand called Prima Della, that is great. (Avoid Land of Lakes or Great Lakes brand) I love the Winco brand that they prepackage. Real American cheese is a soft slightly buttery cheese. It melts well and is great for just snacking on. I carry it with me when I am out and about. I prefer the white.

Cook up a slice or two and ...wait for it...suck it?
She said "suck it". At 5 weeks, I was eating peanut butter off a spoon and chewing up beef jerky for the SALT. I used to spit out the jerky, until I found some really tender stuff at a local truck stop, then I started......wait for it.....swallowing.

Haha, my husband has a t shirt that says the same thing. He loooooves bacon and I think his metabolism is changing because as I get smaller, he's getting bigger and he thinks I'm the wicked witch for trying to rein in his bacon intake! I told him today that I put my body through hell so that I can be around longer for him and now he has to stop eating like a teenager so he can be around longer for me. Not so surprisingly, that didn't go over so well o_O
I've had that conversation recently, BG! Hands OFF MY BACON! DH got so used to finishing my plate after gastric bypass, that he automatically starts in on it. In his defense, this is a over a decade's worth of pattern we are breaking. I let him have it after I got called away from the table, came back, and my bacon was gone.

I went through h*ll and my silver lining is that I get to eat bacon now, whenever I want to. Sometimes I can finish off an entire package over the course of a day (with a little help from my teenage boys).

But he's 50, and I worry about him. He wants a DS now. Hhahahahaha

Latest posts

Back