Today’s the Day!!

how is it going?
Not too bad. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I'm not quite getting the water and protein in that I should at this point. My husband had to go out of town due to an illness that ended in death with one of his family members. So, I've been having to take care of the household by myself. It's definitely draining, because if he was here, he'd be riding my tail about my hydration and food (plus doing all the household stuff). He'll be back early next week.

My mouth constantly has this weird taste. It's not the normal "keto breath" taste that I remember when I've done low carb in the past. It's making things like water (which I normally drink with no problems) taste weird/unappetizing. I hope this is not a permanent thing, because I know that's at least part of the reason I'm slacking on my intake! I don't think it's an acid issue, as I've had acid reflux since my sleeve and it's not the normal acid taste, plus I am taking PPIs. Weight loss is going well. I'm down about 25% of my excess weight, which seems especially good considering I was a revision. Hope it continues. I had the dreaded third week stall last week. I definitely understand how it screws with peoples' minds. I've been through it in the past with prior surgeries. I knew all about it, expected it, and still had a minor freakout, lol. Luckily I talked some sense into myself rather quickly.

I'm not quite getting the water and protein in that I should at this point.
don't worry about the protein until you are getting in all the fluid you need: that is a much more immediate need.

people often have difficulty with taste and it is temporary. experiment with different temps - ice cold, tepid, warm, hot - and with different fluids. have you tried broth?

fluids are more important than anything right now!

Latest posts

Back