The Fun Never Ends

k9ophile

I have my last PT session tomorrow for my unfortunate fractured hip. The celebration is short.

I lost 20 pounds from the date of the fall until now. I have periodic episodes of dry heaves/retching. I also had three positive occult blood in my poops. I saw my PCP and was diagnosed with anemia. He prescribed iron tablets. He also referred me to a gastroenterologist for scopes. It's actually time for my Every Five Years Colonoscopy. (Thanks, Dad for dying at age 50 of widely metastatic colon cancer and thus making me high risk.)

I have my scopes scheduled for May 19th. Maybe I'll find out why my appetite is so off. Protein shakes are keeping me more or less healthy since my nausea is often induced after eating three bites of anything.

Sorry/not sorry for whining. Grateful that I can whine here with like souls.

Everyone hates prep - you wouldn't be human if you didn't dread the colonoscopies and the day before. So important, though. Hope everything comes out okay!

Everyone hates prep - you wouldn't be human if you didn't dread the colonoscopies and the day before. So important, though. Hope everything comes out okay!
It should be interesting to say the least. My mobility isn't quite where I'd like it to be. I've had scopes by this doctor before and I like him. So there's that. The dread of the prep is almost as bad as the prep, yet I'm hoping for some explanation for my GI problems.
We're dropping the dogs off for baths and pedicures while I'm having the tests. Coming home to freshly bathed dogs will make me feel better.

So sorry you are going through all this! I hope the misery of the scopes will at least provide you with some helpful answers.

My advisors tell me that it doesn’t matter if the iron I’m NOT absorbing comes into my gut as food or a supplement.

Ergo, my infusions.

Good luck with the prep. Hubby did 4 days to get cleaned out. Not including 2 days of full liquids ahead of the clear liquids. It worked.

So sorry you are going through all this! I hope the misery of the scopes will at least provide you with some helpful answers.
That's what I hope as well. Who really looks forward to scopes? I'm just tired of feeling like shit so in a way, I'm sort of eager to see what is going on.

I get iron infusions. When I went for my first visit with the hematologist she told me to supplement with oral iron. I showed her the dosages I was using from the Vitalady guidelines and explained I had been exceeding that dosage for months, she said it was obvious that I don’t absorb iron orally and immediately put in the request for infusions through my health insurance.

Latest posts

Back