Tastes, they are changing...

LizJ

Crazy Dog Mom!
I was told my taste would change post surgery and they did a bit right after surgery. Now I'm almost 2 years out and I've had some more changes just recently. My question is this normal and does it keep happening? :frown:

Liz

what kind of changes do you mean, Liz? I honestly don't remember. well, I got to liking sweet stuff again after awhile (years), sadly!

I'm right behind you at 27 months out. No real taste changes. However, I find if I am eating high protein the craving for carbs goes down significantly (plus I don't have the physical room). I am sensitive to milk and sugar now though. If I eat or drink anything that contains a lot of milk or sugar, I will begin to feel queasy, get an upset stomach, and will ultimately spend time in the bathroom. I'm okay with a moderate amount of anything but there is a fine line with milk/sugar for me. Starches (bread, anything with white flour and/or yeast) = bloat and gas.

Let’s see I used to really like most chocolate, now meh if it’s not good dark chocolate. I used to love fig cookies, they taste funny now. If I wanted ice cream I would go for few stables but now it’s the direct opposite. From chocolate w/nuts to vanilla bean w/fruit. :confused:

I treated myself to a bowl of my all time favorite cereal and two bites in I realized I didn’t like it anymore. :sick:

Don't think I’m eating a ton of carbs! I just increase to under a 100 a day last month and since then I’ll try a sample of different thing for a treat. I’m still losing and I’m currently 24 pounds below my surgeons lowest weight he thought I “might” hit and 4 pounds below my “wish” goal. :sneaky:

I go on jags where I crave some particular things, and then I suddenly don’t care for it anymore - usually right after I’ve stocked up on whatever it is. Sardines, Welch rarebit, egg drop soup, chicken pot pie ... extras are clogging my storage bins.

Kept hoping I would discover I loved kale but that's not happening!

I think it was last summer - or the one before - I discovered I like chard when it's put into soup. dunno about kale so far but chard is pretty darned healthy. and it's kind of slimy o_O but I got used to that and it tastes excellent.

I think it was last summer - or the one before - I discovered I like chard when it's put into soup. dunno about kale so far but chard is pretty darned healthy. and it's kind of slimy o_O but I got used to that and it tastes excellent.

Swiss chard is really good! Use it in recipes instead of spinach for a change --- yum.

Latest posts

Back