Tagging does NOT work for notifying me

DianaCox

Bad Cop
So I've given up looking at the alerts - due to the number of threads I post on, including old ones, I get a bazillion alters each day (yes, aren't I speshul?), including responses and likes. Responses to the thread get emails, which I generally look at - but it turns out the most important ones, where someone tags me ( @DianaCox ) because they want to specifically ask me a question, don't get an email and only end up in the alerts if I never posted to that thread.

SO - if you want to tag me, either start a conversation and link me to the thread (those get an email) or post the link in THIS thread. Let's see if that works. And if you tag me in a thread that I've already posted on, put the link at the top of the thread please - sometimes, I just don't read all my notifications from BF, or at least not right away.

Thanks, I was going to tag you about a question my PCP raised. I've done some research yet can't seem to find what I want.

We did my usual biannual labs with a new one thrown in, fatty acids. As a result, I'm increasing my Omega -3 intake. However, my trans fat is well above the desirable level. My lipid profile is beautiful. I told him about DS math (and he listened without pooh-poohing it). So then we discussed fat storage. Obviously, the DS has made my stored fat greatly reduced. That's when he pondered about stored trans fats and how the DS affects them. I did try to find something, yet came up empty. He is a self-professed science geek and said he would research it. Yet I was wondering if you knew anything. Quite honestly, I don't recall any discussions about trans fats and WLS.

I realize I'm going to have to find a better way to handle stress than to continue my stress induced junk binges. I would like to see any articles you may know of. Thanks!

Diana, try "Watching" select forums where you are most likely to get tagged...like the DS one or the Insurance one. You can get emails that way. At the top of each forum UNDER the Post New Thread is "Watch Forum". It's not a perfect solution but at least it has an email option.

Thanks, I was going to tag you about a question my PCP raised. I've done some research yet can't seem to find what I want.

We did my usual biannual labs with a new one thrown in, fatty acids. As a result, I'm increasing my Omega -3 intake. However, my trans fat is well above the desirable level. My lipid profile is beautiful. I told him about DS math (and he listened without pooh-poohing it). So then we discussed fat storage. Obviously, the DS has made my stored fat greatly reduced. That's when he pondered about stored trans fats and how the DS affects them. I did try to find something, yet came up empty. He is a self-professed science geek and said he would research it. Yet I was wondering if you knew anything. Quite honestly, I don't recall any discussions about trans fats and WLS.

I realize I'm going to have to find a better way to handle stress than to continue my stress induced junk binges. I would like to see any articles you may know of. Thanks!
This is interesting - but I have not heard anything about there being any difference in absorption of different types of fatty acids due to the DS. However, if you eat a diet that is transfat-heavy and omega-FA-light, it would seem to make sense that you would absorb them in reduced amounts but similar proportions. But I have not seen any studies on this.

I think you can change what you do and don't get alerts for? I used to get them for replies to threads and I stopped it somehow, just don't remember how! Then maybe the tags will be more noticeable and when you click on recent posts you'll see the replies to your threads anyway?

Latest posts

Back