Sweating BY the Oldies

Diana, So fun to see a feature on you in the New York Times. In the first photo, I love your dress and smile. You look fabulous. You two are the cutest! Also nice to see the kitties. Sorry it's been so hot and difficult this summer. Time to head north for a bit. You're always welcome in Chicago!

i was just talking about the heat in Phoenix with my Mom, the stats in this are scary. I’m so grateful I don’t live there. I am complaining about the heat & humidity here in Seattle and then I see this and try to not feel so ungrateful.

I was just reading an article about how many people will be leaving LA county over the coming years and they are all moving to the Central Valley, which is already crowded and very hot.

Good to see you Diana!

Good article with one minor complaint: I resent the repeated use of the words "elderly" and "elder". At age 72, I realize I'm included, but this messes with my denial coping mechanism. Something literally stated in black and white is jarring. It's challenging my belief that I'm not old yet, just approaching "old". However my body has found ways to force me to admit I'm not as young as I'd like to think I am.

I hope you get some relief soon. All of you. Poor kitties.

Good article with one minor complaint: I resent the repeated use of the words "elderly" and "elder". At age 72, I realize I'm included, but this messes with my denial coping mechanism. Something literally stated in black and white is jarring. It's challenging my belief that I'm not old yet, just approaching "old". However my body has found ways to force me to admit I'm not as young as I'd like to think I am.

Me too, I’m about 9 months younger than Diana but I swear I just graduated high school last week. Unfortunately my body has a bad habit of reminding me I’m not.b

I love the photos, Diana! and glad at least you guys aren't in danger from the heat, just uncomfortable.

the article is sobering, since power outages are bound to happen, and I'm glad you guys and the cats are at least mobile.

can you drive up into the mountains for at least a break from the heat? I think you said you have to stay nearby for both medical appointments and supervising your home project.

I love the photos, Diana! and glad at least you guys aren't in danger from the heat, just uncomfortable.

the article is sobering, since power outages are bound to happen, and I'm glad you guys and the cats are at least mobile.

can you drive up into the mountains for at least a break from the heat? I think you said you have to stay nearby for both medical appointments and supervising your home project.
This coming Saturday, we’re going up to the mountains for a week. Our community RV club is having a rally up there, and it’s my birthday week, so we’re getting the hell out of here. Charles isn’t happy about it - he’s in his contractor zone, even though we have a primary contractor, and he is afraid of losing control. I’m sure the trades working on it will be pleased he’s not there …

Well the author is a columnist whose mandate is aging issues, so I guess she needs to keep the focus on the topic as it relates to older people. But yeah … I don’t like to think of myself as being 11 days from 70 at all.

This coming Saturday, we’re going up to the mountains for a week. Our community RV club is having a rally up there, and it’s my birthday week, so we’re getting the hell out of here. Charles isn’t happy about it - he’s in his contractor zone, even though we have a primary contractor, and he is afraid of losing control. I’m sure the trades working on it will be pleased he’s not there …
Two chef’s in the kitchen is one too many.

Latest posts

Back