Super Absorber: The Good, Bad & Ugly

So I just read about the SADI-s vs RNY study blurb on fb, I'm responding to it here because my emotional response to it is irrelevant to the subject matter and it is a self-entered view of the data even though I had neither the RNY or SADI-s.

Successful patients are those who have kept off 50% of weight loss. Not excess weight, not total weight...50% of the weight they lost.

No friggen wonder surgeons won't touch me because of a huge weight gain (to me) but a statistically insignificant one to them considering my start weight. To be considered a failure I would have to weigh over 450lbs again. No thanks!

Still going fairly strong. I say fairly because we went out to eat with friends last night and I wasn't 100% (I had some Rose wine). And then today I decided to test out the Hershys sugar free candies lol. As I was nom nom noming I was reading about how milotol isn't keto and all the effects it could have. I scoffed at that....but an hour later and my tummy is singing me the song of it's people!

I've realised in the last few days that even when I am not perfect, I feel better within myself proactively eating properly. Weight bounced back up to start weight so my first week of low carb/keto, I lost 0 pounds lol but I like the way I FEEL...and that's pretty dang important! :)

I'm fairly new to this party, but we had a thing at work last Friday and it included a conference and lunch. I was really good. I asked ahead for a special meal of something low carb like a scoop of chicken salad. The other 30 or so people got a chicken sandwich on a croissant. I could have eaten the chicken breast and left the bread, but I didn't know the menu in advance and would have been screwed if it was pasta or something.
There was one other woman there who, bless her heart has it worse than me. She could not have gluten, dairy or citrus.
Anyway, the chicken salad was good although it had apple pieces, grapes, and walnuts in it. I ate it even though I had not added fruits yet.
Then I saw it, on the buffet that everyone else was eating....... Little individual round single servings of my favorite dessert. Key lime pie with a nice thick graham cracker crust. I tempted fate and took one. I was going to just eat a few bites, but ate almost the whole thing.
The end result was my first lesson in paying the consequences for eating food I should not eat. Thank goodness the lesson did not start until I could get home, and I was off the next day. Miserable does not quite cover the way I was feeling. I am pretty dense so I am sure I will stray again, but next time I think I will stick to the couple of bites rule.

I tempted fate and took one. I was going to just eat a few bites, but ate almost the whole thing.
The end result was my first lesson in paying the consequences for eating food I should not eat. Thank goodness the lesson did not start until I could get home, and I was off the next day. Miserable does not quite cover the way I was feeling. I am pretty dense so I am sure I will stray again, but next time I think I will stick to the couple of bites rule.
Actually you learned two lessons. The one not mentioned is to try new things at home, at least until you are several years out and know MOST of what sets your system off.

Today I am humbled and thankful. In one of the DSer groups I saw a story about someone losing too much weight with severe vitamin deficiencies. Sometime I get so obsessed with still being fat, that I forget that I could have a worse, opposite problem. I cannot imagine being so thin and afraid you are dying. It must be utterly terrifying.

I have sat with my feelings all day. It has made me grateful for how far I have come and that despite everything I have been through, I am living and healthy. I would like to be smaller, of course, but at the end of the day I am healthy, not worried about death every second of the day.

I'm just sitting with this today. This case of this person is exactly WHY Dr K wouldn't revise me. He basically said I was healthy and as long as I am under 315, I am 100% successful.

Today I will just be grateful and not complain about the non-weight loss this week. I AM healthy and for that I should celebrate.

Still going fairly strong. I say fairly because we went out to eat with friends last night and I wasn't 100% (I had some Rose wine). And then today I decided to test out the Hershys sugar free candies lol. As I was nom nom noming I was reading about how milotol isn't keto and all the effects it could have. I scoffed at that....but an hour later and my tummy is singing me the song of it's people!

I've realised in the last few days that even when I am not perfect, I feel better within myself proactively eating properly. Weight bounced back up to start weight so my first week of low carb/keto, I lost 0 pounds lol but I like the way I FEEL...and that's pretty dang important! :)
I love the Hershey SF. I used to call those tiny PB cups Turbo Cups. A 'serving' is supposed to be 5 but three of them send me to the bathroom. I have some in the fridge right now. Plus I still have a couple pounds of SF gummy bears. I have some RS SF too but they are sweetened with stevia now so they don't work as well anymore. All there to enhance my malabsorbtion and give me something yummy to eat.

Fedex delivered 150 Atkins meal bars today. I found a deal on ebay Won't be able to order anything else chocolate till October because of the heat so I am well stocked now. By the time it gets cool again I will probably be desperate.

Munchkin do you or someone close belong to Sam’s Club? If so, hubby came across a chocolate treat the isn’t bad at all. I’ve found it easy to limit myself to one a day with no toilet issues;

I don’t even consider net carbs but when they add that, I know to look at the back panel. I’ve only had the caramel as hubby hates caramel. But he loves the ones that resembles a peanut butter cup.

I love the Hershey SF. I used to call those tiny PB cups Turbo Cups. A 'serving' is supposed to be 5 but three of them send me to the bathroom. I have some in the fridge right now. Plus I still have a couple pounds of SF gummy bears. I have some RS SF too but they are sweetened with stevia now so they don't work as well anymore. All there to enhance my malabsorbtion and give me something yummy to eat.

Fedex delivered 150 Atkins meal bars today. I found a deal on ebay Won't be able to order anything else chocolate till October because of the heat so I am well stocked now. By the time it gets cool again I will probably be desperate.
I have learned something about myself the last few days. I cannot have snacky type food in the house. ever. at all. period. It doesn't matter how much my tummy hurts, I cannot stop. So nope. None of that stuff. Only natural meat, cheese and veg for me.

The tummy ache is REALLLLL lol. Live and learn :)

It's true, but it's hard to explain to other DSers who don't know my story why I'm soooooo fat :(
You do not owe them an explanation. This is your journey not theirs. And I know it has to be frustrating to still weigh as much as I did at my highest weight. and while I can understand where you came from, I can’t feel it.

Latest posts

Back