Sunday Weigh In (8/8/2021)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 140
This week 140

We did a quick run from here to Elkhart, Indiana to have our frame inspected after spending the last 5 months putting the back axle back on. Although quick really isn’t the right term. It’s about a 370 mile trip one way. And that’s about twice as many miles as we actually prefer to travel. That mean getting up two mornings at 5:30/6 to get on the road and the day between meant getting up around 4:30 to take the rig over to the frame manufacturer for the inspection at 7AM. By the time we got back here on Friday dinner time, we were falling down type of exhausted.

Last week 140
This week 140

We did a quick run from here to Elkhart, Indiana to have our frame inspected after spending the last 5 months putting the back axle back on. Although quick really isn’t the right term. It’s about a 370 mile trip one way.

That is a long trip! Where are you living now?

Last week: 171
This week: 170

I'm still feeling a bit constipated. I haven't been getting much fat. I am going to try an experiment and try protein shakes with no added cream as a way of getting the protein in and not making me feel full. I'll then fit the fat in somewhere else. Some people say fat with protein is bad; some say they've increased their protein numbers by separating it; and so on .. My experiment is two-fold, getting in more food since I don't eat enough and maximizing the protein. Of course, the latter isn't something that'll be testable until I have labs again and would take more than a one week experiment so it's mostly just to see if I can increase my food intake since I'm just not eating enough at all. Life's a constant experiment for sure.

I got some duck eggs yesterday so I'm excited to try them. They are higher in protein and fat than chicken eggs, so if they taste good I may switch over to eating those for my meals. I'm excited to give it a try.

Liz, I hope you are both rested up now!

I just started eating again in a normal way (more than just a very small amount) yesterday so no idea where I am. but any loss from being sick is quickly regained, in my experience.

I just want to get strong.

I just started eating again in a normal way (more than just a very small amount) yesterday so no idea where I am. but any loss from being sick is quickly regained, in my experience.

I’m glad you are feeling better, such a relief. I wouldn’t worry about your weight at this time, just keep focused on being hydrated and eating when you feel capable.

That is a long trip! Where are you living now?
We are currently living in an RV park right on the Ohio River just below Wellsburg, WV. It’s in the northern panhandle of West “by God” Virginia. We are less than a mile from Ohio but to get to the nearest bridge is 7 miles up the road toward Weirton/Steubenville. We are also less than 10 miles to Washington County, PA where most of our medical ended up.
LW: 160
TW: 157
GW: 145

Back to basics. All protein and very little carbs except those in Greek yogurt and cheese.
You’re getting there. I never worried over the carbs in dairy.
Last week: 171
This week: 170

I'm still feeling a bit constipated. I haven't been getting much fat. I am going to try an experiment and try protein shakes with no added cream as a way of getting the protein in and not making me feel full. I'll then fit the fat in somewhere else. Some people say fat with protein is bad; some say they've increased their protein numbers by separating it; and so on .. My experiment is two-fold, getting in more food since I don't eat enough and maximizing the protein. Of course, the latter isn't something that'll be testable until I have labs again and would take more than a one week experiment so it's mostly just to see if I can increase my food intake since I'm just not eating enough at all. Life's a constant experiment for sure.

I got some duck eggs yesterday so I'm excited to try them. They are higher in protein and fat than chicken eggs, so if they taste good I may switch over to eating those for my meals. I'm excited to give it a try.
I hope you figure out what works best for you. Good going.
Liz, I hope you are both rested up now!

I’m catching up, still get exhausted about mid afternoon whether busy or not.
I’m glad your improving. Yeah that’s been my experience. Tho the last time I went awhile without eating much due to jaw surgery, it lasted about 2 months before I really saw the creep.

LW: 67.3kg / 148 lbs
TW: 66.2kg / 146 lbs

I had a friend swing by to visit for five days, so a lot of eating out but also a lot of walking. We took a day trip to Lake Como - truly stunning, and only a €5, 45-min train ride away. I treated myself to an Aperol spritz at Bellagio. Looking forward to exploring the villages more when time and transport permit. It flooded quite badly a week ago, so they were still cleaning up Como itself.

LW: 67.3kg / 148 lbs
TW: 66.2kg / 146 lbs

I had a friend swing by to visit for five days, so a lot of eating out but also a lot of walking. We took a day trip to Lake Como - truly stunning, and only a €5, 45-min train ride away. I treated myself to an Aperol spritz at Bellagio. Looking forward to exploring the villages more when time and transport permit. It flooded quite badly a week ago, so they were still cleaning up Como itself.
Good for you. Did you take photos? We’d love to see them.

Latest posts

Back