Sunday Weigh In (8/11/2024)

Last week 400.5
This week 392

HW 475
CW 392
GW 160

Surgery date 08/28/24

Yesterday was extremely rough. Nausea was constant and yesterday my stomach said enough and I got violently "sick" mid morning. So after a shower, fresh sheets and a couple of hours to let me stomach settle I was able to drink 1/2 a bottle of water. Then 30 minutes later another 1/2. I forgoed my protein for the rest of the day and focused on hydration. I ended the evening with a cup a warm pho that I split into 2, and I drank half and after 30 minutes the other half.

Today I'm struggling with a migraine that I woke up to, and I'm positive not having any nutrients yesterday played a part in it (chronic migraines since I was 15).

1 protein drink down today, I went for a clear one today to see if that helps. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Last week 400.5
This week 392

HW 475
CW 392
GW 160

Surgery date 08/28/24

Yesterday was extremely rough. Nausea was constant and yesterday my stomach said enough and I got violently "sick" mid morning. So after a shower, fresh sheets and a couple of hours to let me stomach settle I was able to drink 1/2 a bottle of water. Then 30 minutes later another 1/2. I forgoed my protein for the rest of the day and focused on hydration. I ended the evening with a cup a warm pho that I split into 2, and I drank half and after 30 minutes the other half.

Today I'm struggling with a migraine that I woke up to, and I'm positive not having any nutrients yesterday played a part in it (chronic migraines since I was 15).

1 protein drink down today, I went for a clear one today to see if that helps. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
I’m sorry for your migraine and you are too early out for any heavy duty migraine medications. If it gets too bad, head to the ER for help.

Early on, hydration is more critical than protein. If any of the protein is liquid, great. But focus on hydration first and foremost.

On a happy note, you are in a new decade!

I’m sorry for your migraine and you are too early out for any heavy duty migraine medications. If it gets too bad, head to the ER for help.

Early on, hydration is more critical than protein. If any of the protein is liquid, great. But focus on hydration first and foremost.

On a happy note, you are in a new decade!
Will do, thank you.

I'm still pre-op so I messaged the Surgeon so they have a heads-up and my pre op check up at the office, labs and anesthesia prep check at the hospital are all on Tuesday.

I'm thankfully not nauseous today, but I took a zofran early this morning as a precaution (Surgeon prescription because one of the medications he has me on was making me nauseous early on) I'm making sure to get my water every 30 minutes and set my alarm so I don't forget because it seems easy right now.

Thankfully I have an ER within 2 miles in case I need to go. Thus far, the migraine has went from a 7 to a 3 which a bearable and I can function on 3. Now to get some course work done! 😁

I'm so excited to finally see 300's again, the last time I remember being 380 was 17 years ago when my youngest was born 🫣

280 At 16
220 at 13
I can't remember anything before that, but I was extremely heavy since I was 5 and broke my arm. Starting gaining rapidly since then.

I also made sure not to take my sumatriptan injection because I wasn't sure if it would be safe considering I haven't been consuming more than 850 calories on my pre-op diet the past 2 weeks and was waiting for the medical office to get back to me. I'm glad I waited, thank you for confirming this. 🤍

This one yesterday felt right but we will go a few more times before we decide.

I'm glad you found one that felt right. Now stop losing weight, OK?

Yesterday was extremely rough. Nausea was constant and yesterday my stomach said enough and I got violently "sick" mid morning

I'm so sorry! :5grouphug:

^^^^This!!!! Hope everything is on an upward trajectory for all of this week.

My daughter's collge move-in in date is 8/22, we're heading east on 8/19. I've got to help her up to a dorm room on a 3rd floor. There's no elevator. I've been limping around since May 7 when I whacked my knee on a desk corner. I was hoping it would heal on its own, but not so much. Went to the doctor a week ago and X-ray showed bones in good shape - not even any arthritis, but they also sent me for MRI. I received the results via my chart moments ago - which haven't been reviewed by my care team yet. I have no idea what any of this medspeak means, but from the volume of words, it doesn't seem like it is going to feel any more stable when we head to the airport. I am still hoping that maybe I can get some sort of magic cortisone shot that can make it feel better.

Narrative & Impression
Impression:

1. Moderate-to-large joint effusion. Scattered debris. Curvilinear 1.6 cm loose chondral body within the lateral suprapatellar recess.

2. Grade 1 sprain of the MCL, if there has been a recent injury.

3. Suspected tiny undersurface tear of anterior horn lateral meniscus. Please correlate with any lateral joint line symptomatology. Medial meniscus intact.

4. 1.6 x 0.8 cm full-thickness chondral defect of the weight-bearing medial femoral condyle.

5. Patchy high-grade patellar chondromalacia, mild lateral patellar subluxation.

Clinical Information: Left knee pain. Lateral pain, instability since May 2024. Felt a pop, medial pain also. No surgery. Reportedly, history of Salter-Harris fracture as a child.

Study Technique: Routine multiplanar noncontrast MRI exam of the left knee.

Comparisons: Left knee x-ray, 08/01/2024. No previous MRI available.

Findings: Patient motion artifact degrades multiple sequences, patient with difficulty tolerating the exam, resulting in limited evaluation. Multiple repetitions.

Within these limitations, moderate-to-large joint effusion. Scattered debris. Curvilinear 1.6 cm chondral loose body seen within the lateral suprapatellar recess, coronal fat-sat image 20, axial image 3.

The ACL, PCL, LCL complex are intact. Intact MCL with overlying edema, suggesting grade 1 sprain if there has been recent injury, otherwise reactive soft tissue edema. Popliteus tendon intact. Extensor mechanism intact.

Limited meniscal evaluation. Lateral meniscus shows suspected tiny 3 mm undersurface tear of the anterior horn, sagittal fat-sat image 9. Otherwise grossly intact.

Medial meniscus shows degeneration, undersurface fraying of posterior horn. No discrete tear grossly.

No acute fracture. Diffuse mild spurring. Small cystic change of the proximal tibia. Laterally, grossly intact articular cartilage.

Large full-thickness chondral defect involving the weight-bearing medial femoral condyle, coronal fat-sat image 15-18, axial image 18. This measures 1.6 cm AP by 0.8 cm TRV.

Patchy high-grade chondromalacia of the patellar apex, lateral facet, with mild lateral patellar subluxation.

I have no idea what any of this medspeak means, but from the volume of words, it doesn't seem like it is going to feel any more stable when we head to the airport.
I hope your care team has a plan so you can travel safely. Are you staying off it as much as possible? should you have a brace for support? For sure you shouldn't be carrying things up stairs!

My daughter's collge move-in in date is 8/22, we're heading east on 8/19. I've got to help her up to a dorm room on a 3rd floor. There's no elevator. I've been limping around since May 7 when I whacked my knee on a desk corner. I was hoping it would heal on its own, but not so much. Went to the doctor a week ago and X-ray showed bones in good shape - not even any arthritis, but they also sent me for MRI. I received the results via my chart moments ago - which haven't been reviewed by my care team yet. I have no idea what any of this medspeak means, but from the volume of words, it doesn't seem like it is going to feel any more stable when we head to the airport. I am still hoping that maybe I can get some sort of magic cortisone shot that can make it feel better.

Narrative & Impression
Impression:

1. Moderate-to-large joint effusion. Scattered debris. Curvilinear 1.6 cm loose chondral body within the lateral suprapatellar recess.

3. Suspected tiny undersurface tear of anterior horn lateral meniscus. Please correlate with any lateral joint line symptomatology. Medial meniscus intact.

4. 1.6 x 0.8 cm full-thickness chondral defect of the weight-bearing medial femoral condyle.

5. Patchy high-grade patellar chondromalacia, mild lateral patellar subluxation.

Clinical Information: Left knee pain. Lateral pain, instability since May 2024. Felt a pop, medial pain also. No surgery. Reportedly, history of Salter-Harris fracture as a child.

Findings: Patient motion artifact degrades multiple sequences, patient with difficulty tolerating the exam, resulting in limited evaluation. Multiple repetitions.

Within these limitations, moderate-to-large joint effusion. Scattered debris. Curvilinear 1.6 cm chondral loose body seen within the lateral suprapatellar recess, coronal fat-sat image 20, axial image 3.

The ACL, PCL, LCL complex are intact. Intact MCL with overlying edema, suggesting grade 1 sprain if there has been recent injury, otherwise reactive soft tissue edema. Popliteus tendon intact. Extensor mechanism intact.

Limited meniscal evaluation. Lateral meniscus shows suspected tiny 3 mm undersurface tear of the anterior horn, sagittal fat-sat image 9. Otherwise grossly intact.

Medial meniscus shows degeneration, undersurface fraying of posterior horn. No discrete tear grossly.

No acute fracture. Diffuse mild spurring. Small cystic change of the proximal tibia. Laterally, grossly intact articular cartilage.

Large full-thickness chondral defect involving the weight-bearing medial femoral condyle, coronal fat-sat image 15-18, axial image 18. This measures 1.6 cm AP by 0.8 cm TRV.

Patchy high-grade chondromalacia of the patellar apex, lateral facet, with mild lateral patellar subluxation.
I can comment on joint effusion (it means there is fluid on the joint due to an injury) I've had the same wording on my recent CT of my right knee earlier this year.

I hope they review your results in the morning and give you a call. If not tomorrow, please reach out to the office ASAP before you travel because I'm worried about you going up the stairs and lifting things with that injury.

I agree with Jackie about a brace as a stabilizer. Definitely mention it to the Doctor (or even OTC if need be, it will help with the limping and give you support) but if the Doctor will Rx it, insurance may just cover it for you.
I'm so excited for your daughter 🤍 sending hugs because I know what's in your heart right now 🤍

Narrative & Impression
Impression:

Also thank you 🤍

Latest posts

Back