Sunday Weigh In (7/28/2024)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 121
This week back up to 122
No big deal. Floating up and down a lb is pretty normal.

My energy is starting to return. Having a heart attack really wipes you out if it doesn’t kill you.
I had a good check up with my cardiologist this week, it was the PA of the doctor who actually placed the heart cath. She agreed with me, prior to my heart attack, and NOT knowing my genetic history, even though I was diabetic, but having excellent lipid panels she would NOT have put me on a statin. Remember my rant a few months ago? Ok, now, with my genetic history and the heart attack, it makes sense. I don’t have to like it but it makes sense. At least it’s a low dose. This PA also had no issue with my eating a proper DS diet. She got malabsorption! So I’m staying with this one.

Last week 121
This week back up to 122
No big deal. Floating up and down a lb is pretty normal.

My energy is starting to return. Having a heart attack really wipes you out if it doesn’t kill you.
I had a good check up with my cardiologist this week, it was the PA of the doctor who actually placed the heart cath. She agreed with me, prior to my heart attack, and NOT knowing my genetic history, even though I was diabetic, but having excellent lipid panels she would NOT have put me on a statin. Remember my rant a few months ago? Ok, now, with my genetic history and the heart attack, it makes sense. I don’t have to like it but it makes sense. At least it’s a low dose. This PA also had no issue with my eating a proper DS diet. She got malabsorption! So I’m staying with this one.
I'm glad you're starting to feel a little more energy ❤️ it's exciting for a provider to understand the DS diet, that's a huge win!!

Last week 418

This week 409.3
(Water weight dropped off!)

HW 475

CW 409.3

GW 160

Surgery date (preemptively) August 28, 2024
I’m glad your water weight came off.
Now fair warning. Stay OFF the scale from the time you come home from the hospital til you see your doctor again. You will come home weighing more and it will mess with your head.

Also in this month, do two things, take measurements. And take very revealing photos of your body, only for YOU TO SEE. Hide them in a private folder on your computer. But be in your underwear, as revealing as possible. You will regret not having those in a year.

7/21/24
149.8 pounds

7/28/24
147.4 pounds

This past week has definitely been quite the adventure!

On 7/22/24, I was admitted into the hospital for extremely low BP and extremely low HR.

I was released on Friday afternoon.

Edited to add

HW 309.4 pounds (1/3/2023)
SW 263.7 pounds (10/31/23 WLS)
GW 140-150 pounds
CW 147.4 pounds

Lost of 162 pounds

I will post the story in the “my journey” section.

I’m glad your water weight came off.
Now fair warning. Stay OFF the scale from the time you come home from the hospital til you see your doctor again. You will come home weighing more and it will mess with your head.

Also in this month, do two things, take measurements. And take very revealing photos of your body, only for YOU TO SEE. Hide them in a private folder on your computer. But be in your underwear, as revealing as possible. You will regret not having those in a year.
Thank you! I appreciate these tips ❤️ I'll get this done tomorrow. My measuring tape just came today (amazon) I'm ridiculously nervous, but beyond excited too. Thank you all for walking me though this 🤍

7/21/24
149.8 pounds

7/28/24
147.4 pounds

This past week has definitely been quite the adventure!

On 7/22/24, I was admitted into the hospital for extremely low BP and extremely low HR.

Edited to add

HW 309.4 pounds (1/3/2023)
SW 263.7 pounds (10/31/23 WLS)
GW 140-150 pounds
CW 147.4 pounds

Lost of 162 pounds

I will post the story in the “my journey” section.
I’m glad you went in. Low BP is about as dangerous as high BP.

So what’s the plan of attack and are you following up with a cardiologist?

And you are still losing!
Thank you! I appreciate these tips ❤️ I'll get this done tomorrow. My measuring tape just came today (amazon) I'm ridiculously nervous, but beyond excited too. Thank you all for walking me though this 🤍
No problem. I’ve seen SO many regret not having measurements when the damned scale stalled.

I also saw a neat way to SEE your progress. Take some string, similar to what you use to tie poultry, and tie around your waist. Then hang it on the wall somewhere. Do that once a month. Watch the string get smaller. It’s an actual visual that helps your mind see what it might not see in the mirror.

This PA also had no issue with my eating a proper DS diet. She got malabsorption!

I'm so glad your energy is returning and you have a PA that understands malabsorption; (it's too bad that is so rare)

scary! I'm glad you are stable enough they let you go home.
:5grouphug:

I’m glad you went in. Low BP is about as dangerous as high BP.

So what’s the plan of attack and are you following up with a cardiologist?

And you are still losing!

No problem. I’ve seen SO many regret not having measurements when the damned scale stalled.

I also saw a neat way to SEE your progress. Take some string, similar to what you use to tie poultry, and tie around your waist. Then hang it on the wall somewhere. Do that once a month. Watch the string get smaller. It’s an actual visual that helps your mind see what it might not see in the mirror.
That's the best idea! I'm visual, so that will be very helpful 😍 just ordered some string, thank you!

Latest posts

Back