Sunday Weigh In (7/25/2021)

Last Week: 210.5
This Week: 208

Only 2 more lbs, and I will have lost 100 from my high weight. I am hoping to get to 1nderland before labor day. Should not be a problem unless I hit a stall, but I don't want to give myself a goal that will discourage me so I figured by labor day was plenty of time.

Last week: 169.5
This week: 167.5

Back in April I decided to embark on a different way of doing things because what I was doing wasn't working. One goal was to lose weight but the primary goal was to raise my vitamin levels. I'd always had OK levels but I was tired of just adding more pills in an attempt to fix things (like A for example). I decided that one of the problems was my intake. I was eating fat all the time, which meant my fat solubles and calcium were not done any favors.

I started doing intermittent fasting but only 14 hour windows of fasting. I'd read somewhere that women don't really benefit from more (please don't ask for the source since I can no longer find it and I keep looking!). For me as well, having tried longer periods I knew that it could induce feelings of food anxiety/scarcity so that was not a good thing. I also planned a fairly rigorous "schedule" of what I'd eat within my eating windows. The advantage this fasting window gave me was a period of time where I had nothing in my system to intervene with my absorption of my supplements. I put all my fat solubles and most of my calcium within this windows, it's about 6 hours of time in the morning before my first meal.

Thursday I went for my annual bloodwork and while I still haven't received results from everything, the ones I've received have all improved from last year. I'm ecstatic. It's not a huge amount of "win" in terms of actual numbers but it proved out my experiment which I was grateful for. I didn't change the amounts of my supplements just the timing and it was a win. I also lost about 10 pounds of weight in that time, got off most of the junk food, and overall just got back with the program. I'm pretty excited. So, needless to say, I'll continue the fasting and I've updated my vitamins based off my new labs. I'm now back in the range of having "only" 10 pounds to lose to get me back in my happy range and that feels good too.

I'll add that I think the main reason why this weight loss has been so slow is partly because I am in perimenopause (I think) as the weight this past couple years shifted straight to my belly and that has never been where I carried it and it is SO. SLOW. to lose. I've got a DXA scheduled soon for a baseline reading and will also be talking to my gynecologist about other hormonal options to get my going. :)

Last Week: 210.5
This Week: 208

Only 2 more lbs, and I will have lost 100 from my high weight. I am hoping to get to 1nderland before labor day. Should not be a problem unless I hit a stall, but I don't want to give myself a goal that will discourage me so I figured by labor day was plenty of time.
Just keep at it. You will get to onederland soon enough.

Back in April I decided to embark on a different way of doing things because what I was doing wasn't working. One goal was to lose weight but the primary goal was to raise my vitamin levels. I'd always had OK levels but I was tired of just adding more pills in an attempt to fix things (like A for example). I decided that one of the problems was my intake. I was eating fat all the time, which meant my fat solubles and calcium were not done any favors.

I started doing intermittent fasting but only 14 hour windows of fasting. I'd read somewhere that women don't really benefit from more (please don't ask for the source since I can no longer find it and I keep looking!). For me as well, having tried longer periods I knew that it could induce feelings of food anxiety/scarcity so that was not a good thing. I also planned a fairly rigorous "schedule" of what I'd eat within my eating windows. The advantage this fasting window gave me was a period of time where I had nothing in my system to intervene with my absorption of my supplements. I put all my fat solubles and most of my calcium within this windows, it's about 6 hours of time in the morning before my first meal.

Thursday I went for my annual bloodwork and while I still haven't received results from everything, the ones I've received have all improved from last year. I'm ecstatic. It's not a huge amount of "win" in terms of actual numbers but it proved out my experiment which I was grateful for. I didn't change the amounts of my supplements just the timing and it was a win. I also lost about 10 pounds of weight in that time, got off most of the junk food, and overall just got back with the program. I'm pretty excited. So, needless to say, I'll continue the fasting and I've updated my vitamins based off my new labs. I'm now back in the range of having "only" 10 pounds to lose to get me back in my happy range and that feels good too.

I'll add that I think the main reason why this weight loss has been so slow is partly because I am in perimenopause (I think) as the weight this past couple years shifted straight to my belly and that has never been where I carried it and it is SO. SLOW. to lose. I've got a DXA scheduled soon for a baseline reading and will also be talking to my gynecologist about other hormonal options to get my going. :)
While I don't agree with Intermittent Fasting. I do believe we all make our own choice. I know I’m never good with any kind of deadline to eat.
Good on the two lb loss and the better labs.

I found this very interesting. I just had my 3 month labs and have added some things I am already deficient in. I did not get super low on vitamin A, but I also did not realize we needed to take so much. I have noticed driving at night is harder so hopefully supplementing my A will make that better.

A, E,and K are ones I just added today. I also was not taking any iron.

I really like my surgeon, but surgeons do surgery. I don't feel like they are the best source of information for supplement advice and the nutritionist is very knowledgeable, but I don't feel as confident in her abilities with DS patients. I am so greatful for this board since it seems to be the most knowledgeable about DS, mostly based on personal experience with a decent amount of science to back it up.

I just refilled my daily vitamin containers and I am up to 23 pills a day.
Although, 6 of them are collagen which I just take for hair, skin, and nails. I really need to find a better source for collagen, but until I run out of what I have and have time to look into alternatives I'll keep taking the stuff I got at Costco.

How many pills a day does everyone else take?

164 last week
164 this week

This is near my 2 year low. Try as I might, I cannot put on muscle... weights , kayaking, walking.. all of it makes me lean.., but no muscle. Must be age. If I did this much work in my 20s I'd be a lot stronger. They say men in their 60s and 70s can put on 5 lbs in 6 months..I've got to find their routine.

Re... "How many pills a day does everyone else take?"

3x multi vit
3x500 mg calcium
2x iron(vitron c)
1x vitamin d
1x probiotic

And... depending on the day.. the dark underside of DS
Imodium
Devrom

I found this very interesting. I just had my 3 month labs and have added some things I am already deficient in. I did not get super low on vitamin A, but I also did not realize we needed to take so much. I have noticed driving at night is harder so hopefully supplementing my A will make that better.

A, E,and K are ones I just added today. I also was not taking any iron.

I really like my surgeon, but surgeons do surgery. I don't feel like they are the best source of information for supplement advice and the nutritionist is very knowledgeable, but I don't feel as confident in her abilities with DS patients. I am so greatful for this board since it seems to be the most knowledgeable about DS, mostly based on personal experience with a decent amount of science to back it up.

I just refilled my daily vitamin containers and I am up to 23 pills a day.
Although, 6 of them are collagen which I just take for hair, skin, and nails. I really need to find a better source for collagen, but until I run out of what I have and have time to look into alternatives I'll keep taking the stuff I got at Costco.

How many pills a day does everyone else take?
At least you are staying on top of your vitamins.
I have no clue how many I take, I just take what I need.
164 last week
164 this week

This is near my 2 year low. Try as I might, I cannot put on muscle... weights , kayaking, walking.. all of it makes me lean.., but no muscle. Must be age. If I did this much work in my 20s I'd be a lot stronger. They say men in their 60s and 70s can put on 5 lbs in 6 months..I've got to find their routine.

Re... "How many pills a day does everyone else take?"

3x multi vit
3x500 mg calcium
2x iron(vitron c)
1x vitamin d
1x probiotic

And... depending on the day.. the dark underside of DS
Imodium
Devrom
You may need some professional help for a session or two. Good going.

197.8 Last week
198.2 This week

I added it up on the speadsheet and I'm taking about 70 pills a day. I've got a couple on the schedule that I'm not taking any more or have switched to a combo pill so I need to go through the schedule and update it. Also I need to do labs again and figure out if I've caught up on the deficiencies and brought down the excesses)

197.8 Last week
198.2 This week

I added it up on the speadsheet and I'm taking about 70 pills a day. I've got a couple on the schedule that I'm not taking any more or have switched to a combo pill so I need to go through the schedule and update it. Also I need to do labs again and figure out if I've caught up on the deficiencies and brought down the excesses)
You’re staying reasonably steady. I hope your labs are stellar.

Latest posts

Back