Sunday Weigh In (5/23/2021)

and I am moving to Washington.

I spent a portion of my weekend researching the soon to start long-term care act, if you aren’t from here it may crop up a surprise. If you are continuing to work in OR it may not impact you but I’m not entirely sure. If, as a resident of WA you are impacted it is a payroll tax with no cap (.85%) for long-term care assistance. Benefits will start paying out in 2025. You can opt out and pay for private but it’s a permanent decision if you do. I will likely opt out and pay for private as it’s more flexible. Anyway, I thought I’d pop this in here so you aren’t surprised if it comes up. Also, welcome to WA.

Anyway, I thought I’d pop this in here so you aren’t surprised if it comes up. Also, welcome to WA.
thank you, I'd never heard of it.

I am not sure it's going to take and am thinking about not changing my driver's license and stuff for...a few months? if I move back in 6 months I'd hate to have gone to all the trouble and expense. also, I want to buy a new car soon but don't think I can make it happen before the move.

I forget what my point was. pretty tired from work!

thank you, I'd never heard of it.

I am not sure it's going to take and am thinking about not changing my driver's license and stuff for...a few months? if I move back in 6 months I'd hate to have gone to all the trouble and expense. also, I want to buy a new car soon but don't think I can make it happen before the move.

I forget what my point was. pretty tired from work!

yeah, you would have to opt out by November and the rate kicks in in January 2022. I’m not 100% on all the details. It may be where your employee lists your location as or it may be where your employee is located. You’d need to confirm that.

I hope your house sell right away for even more than you are asking. (that happens around here and maybe where you are, too?)

Thank you! The housing market in DFW is HOT HOT HOT! We listed Thursday night and have had a few offers. Good luck with your move!
Good going.

Now remember while tackling downsizing and declutterin, to make sure you take a few mins for yourself. And stay hydrate. Hope you sell quickly.

Thank you! I had to take lots of breaks for myself because of my back and I took the time to eat and drink while I rested my back! My husband did a lot of it though.
Yeah I'm feeling much better, everything digestive related seems to be working well, and I came home last Tuesday, so from Fri-Tue in the hospital - more than long enough for sure, hospital admission isn't fun what-so-ever.

That’s a long hospital stay for these Covid times so I am glad you are home and doing better.

Latest posts

Back