Sunday Weigh In (2/7/2021)

I can tolerate dry heat much better, as long as it's more like 95 or 100 rather than 115 or more, as I'm sure Diana will see in the summer.

but humidity makes me miserable at a much lower temp.

In the winter I long for the hot Texas summer especially when it’s 95 or 100. But when it hits 106 I tend to wilt and regret spending time outside. I don’t do well in extreme cold or extreme heat well. I am fine and then suddenly I am not fine. But I sure appreciate the oven-like heat now that I am cold a lot. Incidentally my husband is from East Africa and thinks Texas summers are “hot as hell!” I guess where he’s from doesn’t get THIS hot.

So..... Many questions have come up after reading posts.
I Will be able to eat bad foods? I thought after DS I would not be able to eat bad without consequences.
I have been hot and sweaty most of my life, even when I have been thinner. I have been an up and down person. I would lose then regain with more, lose then regain again. Last 10 or so years I just gave up because I always gained more after losing. So this might make me not so hot all the time? That would be amazing excercise wouldn't be so miserable if I wasn't constantly overheating.

Oh btw, my weight is 276. I am pre surgery. HW 306. I'm only 5'3" tall so that was SMO, but luckily I'm fat all over not all top and not all bottom.

So..... Many questions have come up after reading posts.
I Will be able to eat bad foods? I thought after DS I would not be able to eat bad without consequences.
I have been hot and sweaty most of my life, even when I have been thinner. I have been an up and down person. I would lose then regain with more, lose then regain again. Last 10 or so years I just gave up because I always gained more after losing. So this might make me not so hot all the time? That would be amazing excercise wouldn't be so miserable if I wasn't constantly overheating.
I used to be hot a lot and that was an issue even before morbid obesity for me. But now I am just cold.

I can eat whatever I want but some things are just a taste like oatmeal or rice. I made oatmeal raisin cookies during the sheltering in and my guts were unhappy. Also it seems like the more carbs I eat the more constipated I get and I am already constipated regularly. I have NEVER been one of those who have diarrhea after eating or drinking something sugary. My nutritionist said that can happen like 30 minutes after drinking a regular pop. Nope. I wish. I always need a good bowel clean out! But I don’t rely on gastrointestinal side effects for behavior modification though. Some people can eat their way through it. So I don’t view food as good or bad because if it’s bad I will want it more because it’s illicit and I am hardheaded. There are foods that will help me keep my teeth in my mouth and heart pumping and foods that will make it harder to lose al my excess weight. Once the weight drops off it’s a big incentive to keep doing it.

For sure when you get the DS you will want to experiment for yourself and stick close to home JIC. You just don’t know what will happen to you but it’s safe to assume that refined carbs will probably have some sort of effect on you.

Latest posts

Back