Sunday Weigh In (2/7/2021)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 142
This week 144.

No real excuse except it’s too damned cold and icy to safely walk except inside the rig and you can’t get going good in less than 40 ft.
Snow was okay but it melted just a bit and turned into a damned skating rink out there and neither of us need to fall. I put boot cleats in our Amazon order to keep handy.

Last week 192.2
This week 190.2

Realized after I went to work that I forgot to post. Winter has decided to make up for lost time here as well. Fortunately not much has stuck yet but we're supposed to get walloped a few times with snow and stuck with miserably cold weather over the next couple weeks. Oldest daughter is coming home for a couple days next weekend which makes me happy.

Last week 192.2
This week 190.2

Realized after I went to work that I forgot to post. Winter has decided to make up for lost time here as well. Fortunately not much has stuck yet but we're supposed to get walloped a few times with snow and stuck with miserably cold weather over the next couple weeks. Oldest daughter is coming home for a couple days next weekend which makes me happy.
Good for you.

Make sure you are well prepared, try to stay warm and safe.

Last week 192.2
This week 190.2

Hi Don! Do you still struggle to stay warm or has that phase passed for you?

1/21 164.4
2/08 152.0

Gained some weight last year - stuck inside and eating easy processed high-carb junk. Been on a diet the last 2 1/2 weeks so far and fortunately it's coming off. This is the first "diet" since I had the surgery. I was worried losing weight by dieting would be extremely difficult after WLS, but that doesn't seem to be the case, fortunately.

last week 135.2
today 135.6

"mid morning, no shoes" is what my sticky note says! not sure about last week. :unsure:
Good for you
1/21 164.4
2/08 152.0

Gained some weight last year - stuck inside and eating easy processed high-carb junk. Been on a diet the last 2 1/2 weeks so far and fortunately it's coming off. This is the first "diet" since I had the surgery. I was worried losing weight by dieting would be extremely difficult after WLS, but that doesn't seem to be the case, fortunately.
Its not really a diet, it’s going back to basics which means getting rid of many carbs and all the junk. That’s one reason we love the DS, it’s pretty forgiving. Losing regain just means a refocus.

Great work.

Hi Don! Do you still struggle to stay warm or has that phase passed for you?
I freeze all the time. Just recently discovered the joys of wool. Typically I wear cotton/wool shirt as a base layer, then another layer (a thermal shirt on mild days, a heavy flannel or a sweatshirt or colder days, and then a wool sweater. When I'm outside, on top of all that I wear a coat.

I freeze all the time. Just recently discovered the joys of wool. Typically I wear cotton/wool shirt as a base layer, then another layer (a thermal shirt on mild days, a heavy flannel or a sweatshirt or colder days, and then a wool sweater. When I'm outside, on top of all that I wear a coat.
I found wool base layers at Costco about 3-4 years ago. I still have a silk base layer from my preop days that I wear to bed. Got it from Walmart.

Does this being cold every balance out or is this a consequence of bariatric surgery? Or is this something people with normal BMIs experience this being cold a lot? Also how do they sit at all when sitting on those bones hurt?

How does she handle the heat?
She does well in the heat. At least until it hits “ungodly” miserable (over 95 with 90-100% humidity with no rain to help cool things off) in middle Alabama. Then she stays in A/C as much as she can.

I do not handle the heat well at all. I can always add layers but I can’t take enough off. This past summer, it was so miserable, I was taking 3-4 showers a day to help. And we were in Toledo so we didn’t have the humidity much of the summer. It takes rain to create humid air and we had a stretch of 3 months of no rain. And the dry heat out west is just as hot. It’s like stepping into a damned oven with no relief.

Latest posts

Back