Sunday Weigh In (2/24/2019)

Still no scales - hopefully the house sit I'm going to will have some! My clothes are all still fitting well, so I assume I'm in the ballpark. Just made myself a feta and onion omelet to use up the rest of the things in the fridge.

I'm off to Amsterdam tomorrow for a couple of weeks to do some cat sitting. While it's been nice to be with my boyfriend, Bonn isn't the most exciting city, so will be good to explore a new city while he's away on a work trip. I had planned some hikes here, but keep coming down with various iterations of cold/sinus issues and the weather being bad. When I get back in a few weeks, maybe...

LW 118.4
TW 117.

The runny nose while eating/drinking thing seems unrelated to speed or over-eating—that shows up differently. It’s weird and annoying but maybe not DS related. Thanks for being here!

Last Week: 124.0
This Week: 122.8

I’m 5’8” so I’m on the low end of normal BMI; therefore, I’m just trying to stay steady and not lose much or any weight. I feel great, labs are good, and Dr K is happy where I’m at.

My weight had gotten up higher a few weeks ago (127-129) due to eating a lot of sweets/desserts and bread at my sister’s place, where I was staying for a bit to help care for our sick Dad. But now I’ve weaned myself off of simple carbs (and caffeine & dairy) since I’ve been at my home this past week. I’m headed back to Cali tomorrow so will hopefully be able to abstain from food that is less than healthy for me now that my cravings for them have been diminished.

Still no scales - hopefully the house sit I'm going to will have some! My clothes are all still fitting well, so I assume I'm in the ballpark. Just made myself a feta and onion omelet to use up the rest of the things in the fridge.

I'm off to Amsterdam tomorrow for a couple of weeks to do some cat sitting. While it's been nice to be with my boyfriend, Bonn isn't the most exciting city, so will be good to explore a new city while he's away on a work trip. I had planned some hikes here, but keep coming down with various iterations of cold/sinus issues and the weather being bad. When I get back in a few weeks, maybe...
Have fun in Amsterdam. I adored The Netherlands. If you get a chance to get out to Hoek Van Holland, the beach is great but be aware it is a nude beach. Clothes is actually the best method unless you are wearing muumuus.
LW 118.4
TW 117.

The runny nose while eating/drinking thing seems unrelated to speed or over-eating—that shows up differently. It’s weird and annoying but maybe not DS related. Thanks for being here!
Pollen, then? Doing good on your weight.
Last week 260.8
This week 256.2
Good to have some progress again.
I know you are glad to see scale movement again. Doing good.
Last Week: 124.0
This Week: 122.8

I’m 5’8” so I’m on the low end of normal BMI; therefore, I’m just trying to stay steady and not lose much or any weight. I feel great, labs are good, and Dr K is happy where I’m at.

My weight had gotten up higher a few weeks ago (127-129) due to eating a lot of sweets/desserts and bread at my sister’s place, where I was staying for a bit to help care for our sick Dad. But now I’ve weaned myself off of simple carbs (and caffeine & dairy) since I’ve been at my home this past week. I’m headed back to Cali tomorrow so will hopefully be able to abstain from food that is less than healthy for me now that my cravings for them have been diminished.
Hope you can stay in range.
Honestly I don’t consider dairy a carb to cut.

last week 126.4
today 127 but I forgot to weigh until after lunch

Bunny is 6.7 again, same as two weeks ago. I don't know how accurate this is. since what time of day (and amount consumed) makes a difference in my weight, I'd guess it make a big difference in hers.

Last time (at least two weeks ago). 112.4
Today: 113

This rain all last week and stress related with my brother has made me want to eat all the time and not always the best choices. I saw 117 one morning, scared me! But after a few days of being more watchful I saw my normal number today.

Hope you can stay in range.
Honestly I don’t consider dairy a carb to cut.
I don't consider dairy a carb to cut; I just thought I'd see if I gave up dairy for a week if I'd notice any difference. Many people believe dairy causes issues so it was an experiment to see how my body would react. I'm a huge dairy lover so it was a challenge to go without, and all in all, I don't think I felt any better such that I need/want to curtail my consumption going forward. I was also only going to be home for a week so cutting out dairy kept spoilable groceries (that I would have had to purchase) to a minimum. I had been gone for over a month so didn't have much of anything in the fridge once I arrived home. I'm now looking forward to getting back to a diet full of cheese and yogurt, and HWC in my coffee!

last week 126.4
today 127 but I forgot to weigh until after lunch

Bunny is 6.7 again, same as two weeks ago. I don't know how accurate this is. since what time of day (and amount consumed) makes a difference in my weight, I'd guess it make a big difference in hers.
Just keep at it. Bunny may fluctuate as a normal.
Last time (at least two weeks ago). 112.4
Today: 113

This rain all last week and stress related with my brother has made me want to eat all the time and not always the best choices. I saw 117 one morning, scared me! But after a few days of being more watchful I saw my normal number today.
That’s why I try to avoid weighing during the week. You are doing great.
I don't consider dairy a carb to cut; I just thought I'd see if I gave up dairy for a week if I'd notice any difference. Many people believe dairy causes issues so it was an experiment to see how my body would react. I'm a huge dairy lover so it was a challenge to go without, and all in all, I don't think I felt any better such that I need/want to curtail my consumption going forward. I was also only going to be home for a week so cutting out dairy kept spoilable groceries (that I would have had to purchase) to a minimum. I had been gone for over a month so didn't have much of anything in the fridge once I arrived home. I'm now looking forward to getting back to a diet full of cheese and yogurt, and HWC in my coffee!
Glad that cutting dairy carbs isn’t a permanent. I have to have a yogurt every morning, loves cheese, but my consumption of HWC has dropped drastically when my coffee habit disappeared. Lost the taste for it and discovered I could drop one of the two PPI’s as a result.

Different scale today which showed a slight drop, but ultimately I’m still hanging around 146 +\- 2 lbs. no real change

Latest posts

Back