Sunday Weigh In (10/4/2015)

LW 224.4
TW 225.6

up a pound. I think it is time to stay off the scale a while. I remember others doing that early on. I went from weighing once a week, to twice a week to weighing on Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday and sometimes other days. it is starting to make me question if I am "doing it right". Shite, Honestly, not sure I can do it, which means I really need to. that damn little square box should not have that much power over me.

It was cold yesterday and had to break out the jeans - well those suckers didn't fit so had to buy some new ones - size 22 - I was in a 30/32. The girls also needed some new holders - was a 52C - now a 46 C flat. so, will celebrate the NSV and keep at it.

as for rain - lots and lots here too. Today however was beautiful - 80 ish degrees, breezy.

174.4... a new low. I'm struggling with taking my Creon because it makes me vomit almost every time. No clue why. I'm eating very well though...better than ever. I just can't seem to hold the weight on. I'm about 30 days from the 18 month mark post op. I may be considering a revision/reversal of my switch at some point. I'll give it maybe 6 months more but I'm literally down to skin and bones now....quite shocking to see to be honest.

LW 224.4
TW 225.6

up a pound. I think it is time to stay off the scale a while. I remember others doing that early on. I went from weighing once a week, to twice a week to weighing on Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday and sometimes other days. it is starting to make me question if I am "doing it right". Shite, Honestly, not sure I can do it, which means I really need to. that damn little square box should not have that much power over me.

It was cold yesterday and had to break out the jeans - well those suckers didn't fit so had to buy some new ones - size 22 - I was in a 30/32. The girls also needed some new holders - was a 52C - now a 46 C flat. so, will celebrate the NSV and keep at it.

as for rain - lots and lots here too. Today however was beautiful - 80 ish degrees, breezy.
Sorry you went up a lb...now ONLY weigh once a week, if at all. However, I did find the weeks I didn't lose or even gained, I lost inches.
174.4... a new low. I'm struggling with taking my Creon because it makes me vomit almost every time. No clue why. I'm eating very well though...better than ever. I just can't seem to hold the weight on. I'm about 30 days from the 18 month mark post op. I may be considering a revision/reversal of my switch at some point. I'll give it maybe 6 months more but I'm literally down to skin and bones now....quite shocking to see to be honest.

Will, you may need to talk to Dr. K...Weight itself is not the issue but have you gotten labs done lately? If you aren't absorbing the food, you may need to consider what Scott just did. Do you have a copy of your operative report?

@DSRIGGS His journey is running around here somewhere.

:ahhhhhhh:Well last week,Sunday, I was 142. Then I went to hospital Monday. I got out and the scale said 161. Lawwd have mercy you could actually see the 20 pounds. I took a waterpill wednesday and Saturday and was 155.5 and wrapped my legs with ace bandages. I took another Sunday and this morning 150. It's been rough trying to squeeze into my clothes and the clothes rebelling say nah sister that was 15-20 pounds ago.

Lip
Hello Will

I am sorry to hear about your struggles. What are your albumin and total protein levels? BMI?

Creon never made me vomit it just made my poop and lower intestinal tract burn. How are taking the Creon and how much?

As Liz pointed out I would get all your labs and operative report together and consider strongly contacting Dr K for his recommendation.

Good luck and best wishes

Per my little chart on the fridge- been off track about 50% of the time since my last weigh-in, and not due to hop on for another week/10days.. I weigh in 7-10 days post-cycle, it works for me :) I'm not too worried, whatever I weigh I'll take it as this way of living seems to suit me right now pretty ok. I would be better served to drop the off-track days to 20% or less, and would prob lose at that.. right now- prob maintaining by the feel of it.

editing just to explain what I chart, just because.. I have a weight graph I used to use during losing, and I put a green check for days I eat normally, eat well- no pure carbo meals.. no pure sugar crap, no alcohol. Black X for sugar/crazy carbs day.. or eating for the sake of eating all day, or eating past comfort too much.. and red check or x just to track days I have alcohol, whether I'm eating sane or not. It helps me keep tabs on if I'm losing track of my eating or other behaviours as I need the visual reminders. I also can see patterns easier and faster this way.

:ahhhhhhh:Well last week,Sunday, I was 142. Then I went to hospital Monday. I got out and the scale said 161. Lawwd have mercy you could actually see the 20 pounds. I took a waterpill wednesday and Saturday and was 155.5 and wrapped my legs with ace bandages. I took another Sunday and this morning 150. It's been rough trying to squeeze into my clothes and the clothes rebelling say nah sister that was 15-20 pounds ago.
Oh, Charris...I am sorry for the fluid increase...but as you know it will come back off. Just damned uncomfortable til it does.
Per my little chart on the fridge- been off track about 50% of the time since my last weigh-in, and not due to hop on for another week/10days.. I weigh in 7-10 days post-cycle, it works for me :) I'm not too worried, whatever I weigh I'll take it as this way of living seems to suit me right now pretty ok. I would be better served to drop the off-track days to 20% or less, and would prob lose at that.. right now- prob maintaining by the feel of it.

editing just to explain what I chart, just because.. I have a weight graph I used to use during losing, and I put a green check for days I eat normally, eat well- no pure carbo meals.. no pure sugar crap, no alcohol. Black X for sugar/crazy carbs day.. or eating for the sake of eating all day, or eating past comfort too much.. and red check or x just to track days I have alcohol, whether I'm eating sane or not. It helps me keep tabs on if I'm losing track of my eating or other behaviours as I need the visual reminders. I also can see patterns easier and faster this way.

Jo, that is a neat method of keeping track. Helps you see visually what days are helping and what is hurting. And isn't "calorie" focused.

@southernlady, yeah- calorie counting isn't something I do- I found a while back that my range typically falls into a normal maint mode for me if I don't go too off track, plus back when I routinely logged my food- I'd see the "extra" I didn't eat, and eat just because I had "unused" calories!o_O

Congrats on the new jeans and bras!

Hiya Liz. Yes I do have my operative report. My last labs were actually very good, VERY slightly low Albumin levels, and 435 Ferritin level were the only abnormalities. I'm due again next month. I was denied a life insurance policy because they want to see me after another 6 months...to be sure I've stabilized my weight I guess. I feel pretty good, except for having the overall strength of an 8 yr old girl. :p
Scott I'm watching you and how you respond to your revision surgery closely. I realize it's too early to tell much yet, but I'm VERY curious what effect it will have on your absorption , what bowel changes (Less gas, etc?) if any, and how much weight you'll regain. I assure you I have no intention of rushing off and having any surgery without carefully reviewing ALL of my options, and that's why I'm going to watch and wait for 6-8 months at least. I don't fear imminent doom. In spite of being very thin I have the vital signs and labs of a teenager. I very much appreciate the support and caring though...been down a bit after my harrowing gas incident at work the other night. But I'm not giving up or willing to let discouragement take me down. I've come too far for that sissy shit. :protest:

In spite of being very thin I have the vital signs and labs of a teenager. I very much appreciate the support and caring though...been down a bit after my harrowing gas incident at work the other night. But I'm not giving up or willing to let discouragement take me down. I've come too far for that sissy shit
Question? Do people who NEVER knew you fat see you as too skinny or is that a perception of "fat eyes" by you and others who knew the fat you. If it's strangers, then yes you are too skinny. But what you CAN do is focus on rebuilding muscle.

As to gas...check your diet, maybe probiotics, maybe even a round of antibiotics such as Flagyl. And maybe get checked for SIBO.

Today is my six month surgirversary. I didn't weigh on Sunday but did this morning. Last week: 267.8, today: 266.8. Total loss since initial weigh-in is 85 lbs, almost 50% EWL. Had my blood drawn for labs yesterday and will post if there's anything interesting when the results come in.

Today is my six month surgirversary. I didn't weigh on Sunday but did this morning. Last week: 267.8, today: 266.8. Total loss since initial weigh-in is 85 lbs, almost 50% EWL. Had my blood drawn for labs yesterday and will post if there's anything interesting when the results come in.
Good going...and I hope all your labs are good ones. :)

HW 215 LBS March 2014
GW 105 LBS
LW 109 March 2015
CW 130 Lbs Now

I have been slowy trending up in Weight over the last few months. I have been eating like crap. I need to lay of the Junk food and Sugar Fetish. Eat my protiens and stop being focused on the amont of calories I should be eating.
I know the Rules but just having a hard time getting of the sugar and junk food....

Latest posts

Back