Sunday Weigh In (1/1/2017) Happy New Year

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Good morning and Happy New Year everyone!

Last week I claimed 144 cause I wasn't home.
This week 142.

But I have a whopper of a cold thanks to the grands. And no appetite as a result. Staying hydrated but nothing tastes good.

This week 142.

But I have a whopper of a cold thanks to the grands. And no appetite as a result. Staying hydrated but nothing tastes good.
Feel better, Liz! That whopper of a cold is going around my family as well and it is no fun at all. Sending you some virtual chicken soup :)

LW 162.0
TW 162.0

Holding steady into the new year. Feeling pretty good. Kids got me 12 weeks with a personal trainer as a holiday gift so looking forward to some toning and strength training.

Happy New Year everyone! Wishing you all much health and joy in 2017! May all your dreams come true :)

Feel better, Liz! That whopper of a cold is going around my family as well and it is no fun at all. Sending you some virtual chicken soup :)
At least mine is just a cold and not the flu as many are dealing with this week. Hope you don't catch it yourself.

LW 162.0
TW 162.0

Holding steady into the new year. Feeling pretty good. Kids got me 12 weeks with a personal trainer as a holiday gift so looking forward to some toning and strength training.

Happy New Year everyone! Wishing you all much health and joy in 2017! May all your dreams come true :)
Very good. That was a great gift for them to give you.

2 weeks ago 2
TW 198

I am officially in onederland to start the new year! I've been toying with the 199 zone for a while, but I'm actually there for multiple days now. Woohoo!

Did some yoga yesterday and can feel every muscle in my body right now, but in a good way.

I had labs drawn 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet, so I'm assuming everything was great there..Have to call Tuesday to get a copy.. but so far so good.

Happy 2017 to everyone!

Feel crappy more often than I feel decent
I'm sorry you feel crappy. I hope you find answers soon.
2 weeks ago 2
TW 198

I am officially in onederland to start the new year! I've been toying with the 199 zone for a while, but I'm actually there for multiple days now. Woohoo!

Did some yoga yesterday and can feel every muscle in my body right now, but in a good way.

I had labs drawn 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet, so I'm assuming everything was great there..Have to call Tuesday to get a copy.. but so far so good.

Happy 2017 to everyone!
Good for you! And Happy New Year to you.

Two Weeks Ago 127
TW 127

Couldn't check in last week...must have been busy eating!!!
We had a great snowfall (great for the slopes, horrible for us locals. While 'flatlanders' help the economy, the amount of trash they leave is thoroughly disgusting.) I spent a good hour shoveling the driveway, no problem! I am very careful walking in the snow and ice and am careful not to over do, but it felt great to get out and get the job done! Yay!
:28 4 5:
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Happy New Year all!

This week 142.

Feel better

LW 162.0
TW 162.0

What an awesome gift

Feel crappy more often than I feel decent

Bummer, feel better

2 weeks ago 2
TW 198

YES, YES, YES! Congrats.

OK, my numbers. I'm so happy. My goal was 199 by January 1 and here are the numbers.

LW: 193
TW: 189

58% of the way to goal weight

Two Weeks Ago 127
TW 127

Couldn't check in last week...must have been busy eating!!!
We had a great snowfall (great for the slopes, horrible for us locals. While 'flatlanders' help the economy, the amount of trash they leave is thoroughly disgusting.) I spent a good hour shoveling the driveway, no problem! I am very careful walking in the snow and ice and am careful not to over do, but it felt great to get out and get the job done! Yay!
:28 4 5:
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!
You are doing awesome. I don't shovel, but then most of the time don't need to. That's why I have dh!

Happy New Year all!

OK, my numbers. I'm so happy. My goal was 199 by January 1 and here are the numbers.

LW: 193
TW: 189

58% of the way to goal weight
You did great!

Oh, I forgot the NSV's victories this week!

So, I took out my jewelry. AND...

My 16 inch diamond necklace my grandma gave me for my 21st birthday
My Native American Link bracelets fit me.
My platinum diamond filagree ring that can't be sized fits me - though still a little tight.

And here is shopping in my closet - I'm big on top, not the chest but my shoulders. I always wear a size bigger on top.

I fit into some old size 14 blazers - they are from the 90's and well, out of style, but who cares, they fit.

Looking forward to more shopping in my closet!

Last edited:
I don't think I reported in last week, on Christmas but i had stayed the same as week before 168.5 and had been bouncing up and down a lot.
This week 167.5 for New Years Day!

That's 73 pounds lighter than I was last New Year's Day! Not bad for a 5'1" body, huh? I have kept a weight journal for several years now so I have it in writing and next to the weight it says "starting over with diet"! This year is the New Year's Day of my dreams, the one I always told myself I would have NEXT year! I still can hardly believe this is all true. I've lost 65 % of my excess since surgery June 10, 2016. I want to say thank you to everyone here for all the help you've been and continue to be to me. Words don't do justice to the gratitude I feel, please know that.
I now weigh less than my husband, for the first time ever!

I don't think I reported in last week, on Christmas but i had stayed the same as week before 168.5 and had been bouncing up and down a lot.
This week 167.5 for New Years Day!

That's 73 pounds lighter than I was last New Year's Day! Not bad for a 5'1" body, huh? I have kept a weight journal for several years now so I have it in writing and next to the weight it says "starting over with diet"! This year is the New Year's Day of my dreams, the one I always told myself I would have NEXT year! I still can hardly believe this is all true. I've lost 65 % of my excess since surgery June 10, 2016. I want to say thank you to everyone here for all the help you've been and continue to be to me. Words don't do justice to the gratitude I feel, please know that.
I now weigh less than my husband, for the first time ever!
WTG! Awesome feeling

I didn't get on the scale today.

For the first time in my adult life, I didn't have the January 1 near-paralyzing anxiety of starting a new diet that I knew would fail.

I ate whatever the hell I wanted today and will do so tomorrow and the day after.

I'm a size 4 and sometimes even a size 2.

It really is Happy New Year!!!!!

Either I'm quite out of sorts or my friend's scale is quite different to mine, so I'll use what was last from my scales.

12/4, the last on my current scale: 77.2kg | 170.2lbs
TW: 75.5kg | 166.5 lbs

The trip is over, jet lagged like crazy but had an amazing time. It was a joy to eat 'normally', and to buy small sized tops (!). I have some nice clothes, including a killer little black dress. I bought things that I would still be OK in for a while yet or that were deeply on sale.

Given it's a new year, I also took the time to reflect on my journey.

February 9

standalone

And December 28

standalone

Latest posts

Back