Slow weight loss

tabby1121

6 weeks out....can someone share there carbs...fats...protein....intake.
Revision pt weight loss seems to be slow. I need a help please.

Will please tell me how much my fat intake should be this early ou . I'm good on protein number . TIA

Will please tell me how much my fat intake should be this early ou . I'm good on protein number . TIA
Early on, fat is not a NUMBER. It's how your body handles it. Too much and your system will tell you, not enough and constipation and dry skin will give you a clue. There isn't a magic number for us. Just do not do any low or no fat unless you can't find a different option (full fat yogurt is HARD to find).

Early on, fat is not a NUMBER. It's how your body handles it. Too much and your system will tell you, not enough and constipation and dry skin will give you a clue. There isn't a magic number for us. Just do not do any low or no fat unless you can't find a different option (full fat yogurt is HARD to find).
Constipation has started. Im only beating kije 800 calories. I have increased my protein to try to speed up weight los . 27 lbs to dat . Thank you so much for your help.

Constipation has started. Im only beating kije 800 calories. I have increased my protein to try to speed up weight los . 27 lbs to dat . Thank you so much for your help.
So add more fat by adding sour cream or butter to your protein. And STOP counting calories, count macros (protein grams, fat grams, carb grams)

I'm not that familiar with it, but myfitnesspal.com now has the ability to count macros instead of fat and calories, which works great for what you are needing to track.

If you're constipated, add fat. And 800 calories total indicates you are WAY underconsuming fat - though as noted above, counting calories is ridiculous with the DS.

80 g of protein = 320 calories.
50 g of carbs (complex, not sugar!) = 200 calories
The rest should be fat, or more protein. 100 g of fat (a minimal requirement to absorb 20 g) is 900 calories by itself. So you CLEARLY are not eating enough fat.

So Mrs. Diane its ok to try and reach this goal at 6 weeks ou . I'm a revision pt and I haven't dropped a pound in 2 week .

I drove myself crazy weighing all the time. I would beat myself up so bad if I didn't lose everyday or if I didn't lose "enough" in a week. Now, I only weigh at doctor's appointments. You need to focus on protein and fat and stay off that damn scale. The weight loss will come. Worry about the right things - fluids, protein, and fats.

I drove myself crazy weighing all the time. I would beat myself up so bad if I didn't lose everyday or if I didn't lose "enough" in a week. Now, I only weigh at doctor's appointments. You need to focus on protein and fat and stay off that damn scale. The weight loss will come. Worry about the right things - fluids, protein, and fats.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back