six weeks plateau

Rhondajs

OK so I'm 4.5 months out from surgery. I did have a complication of a low iron, and was sick the first month post surgery. From surgery, I've only lost 16 pounds. From pre-op, I've lost 46 pounds. I am a revision ds.

Any advice from the vets for breaking through a six week plateau? I'm frustrated and beating myself up.

Thanks for your response! I have about 100 lbs I'd like to lose to get down to the weight I got to with my vsg. I am eating high protein, high fat, low carb. My carbs usually range between 30-60gm a day. I am working out 3 times a week (spin class, swimming, running intervals, weights) and I have a job that I do a LOT of walking. I will admit, my water intake sucks some days. I am just frustrated that I don't have the same honeymoon period that I had with my vsg. I had the same starting weight with this surgery as I did with my first and was already 30 lbs lighter this far out with my vsg.

So, I am NO expert, but i heard it's a longer and slower process with a revision DS than a virgin, so make sure to understand what expectations should be

I found that varying my diet a bit, especially carb amounts, from day-to-day, helped me break through some plateaus. I think variation helpd my body to not think it was starving.

No, you are right. I fully expect to lose slower than I did with the vsg. But to do all the right things and not lose weight during the "honeymoon" period is really hard. I know I WILL lose weight eventually but where I will stop is scary. I want to lose 80-100 lbs more.

Hi Hilary,
I will try that! Thanks! I am currently flirting with the ketogenic diet. I've had success with it before and I'm hoping I will again.

Latest posts

Back