Revision VSG to DS scheduled

Megange1

So, after about 3 years of research and 6 months of insurance issues, I'm finally scheduled to have my revision surgery from VSG to DS on June 30. I will be getting resleeved and it will be an open procedure. Now that's it's scheduled, I feel terrified. I feel confident I can do the post-op diet, I know I'm doing this for the right reasons this time, and I know I have a solid support system. I just can't seem to get over the elemental fear of dying during the surgery or not being able to handle the pain after. I've had to have a lot of surgeries in the past 5 years, so I can't pretend I don't know what to expect. I know in the long run that this is what is best for my health, but only if I make it through surgery. I just really love my husband and my life right now, and I want to have babies with him, but I know without this surgery, I won't be healthy enough to, as I'm having really bad joint issues at my current weight. So, I guess I'm just asking for an pre-op pearls of wisdoms or questions/things you wish you'd known or done before your surgery? Thank you!

Good luck! You will do great. I had my revision from VSG to DS 9 weeks ago. It was the best decision I ever made! I was petrified! Especially since I am 67! I kept thinking what if I have a stroke during surgery and wake up paralyzed on one side, etc., etc. Well, I woke up and was just fine. I have to say, I feel so fortunate because I have not had any major problems or pain. I hope the same for you!

Who is your surgeon? Why are you being resleeved? Some people need it - just wondering why you are getting it done, because resleeving is the riskier part of the surgery you are having.

Who is your surgeon? Why are you being resleeved? Some people need it - just wondering why you are getting it done, because resleeving is the riskier part of the surgery you are having.

Dr. Rabkin is my surgeon, and I need to be resleeved because it was not sleeved correctly the first time.

Great surgeon and excellent reason for the resleeve! Being nervous is normal. You will be in good, experienced hands. You will get through this.

Dr. Rabkin is my surgeon, and I need to be resleeved because it was not sleeved correctly the first time.

OK, good. I would trust Rabkin with my life (and have, even though it was his brother who did my initial surgery), and he's not one to do unnecessary procedures. I retract my concerns - good luck!

Latest posts

Back