revision today for DSRiggs

Great to know you are doing so well! Eager to hear how this adjustment works for you. Are you sticking around SoCal for a follow up?
Hi Pam

I am still quite sore from where Dr k did the main incision for the "hand assisted lap". That being said I think he still plans on releasing me today (if I can finally poop) with a follow up in office on Friday. Dianna and I fly back to Peoria on Monday morning.

Last edited:
So Dr K was in early this morning with pictures in tow, and that hernia was freaking huge! No wonder I was feeling horrible.

@DianaCox he basically did a side by side kissing anastomosis where it picked up only 25 CM of common channel, took away 75 BPL and added 75CM of AL. As you know Dr K is very visual and he showed with my IV tubing exactly what he did, but it is hard to verbalize.

I am discharged and just waiting for the Mrs to get over here from the hotel to pick me up.

So not all that much slicing and dicing of intestine - just giving you an upstream kissing X? You'll have to get him to DRAW it, scan his drawing and upload it - there are a number of us on here who are fascinated with this kind of thing (and, a little self-preservation, you know?).

So not all that much slicing and dicing of intestine - just giving you an upstream kissing X? You'll have to get him to DRAW it, scan his drawing and upload it - there are a number of us on here who are fascinated with this kind of thing (and, a little self-preservation, you know?).

Yes the slicing and dicing was the fixing of the hernia. There was some pulling and kissing of the channels but not a whole lot of cutting.

I actually think he will probably be blogging about my case, but if not I am sure I can get him to draw it as well. I too am fascinated with this stuff.

Speaking of fascinating, that is one of things I love about Ara. He was practically giddy when he was showing me the pathology from another patient. He is on to something and I am pretty sure he is going to want to use me as part of his case study.

BTW, do you guys want to see a picture of my guts and hernia? He took picture and gave to me....and wow is all I can say when I saw it. As he said, no wonder you were crampy., bloated and other issues lately?

I hesitate posting stuff like that before checking to make sure I am not grossing anybody out or violating any policies.

so @southernlady is that okay to post this pic or would you prefer I not?

Glad to hear this...now once you are back at the hotel, REST!!
Hi Liz....yes Mom!!!!!!!!!

I did go back to the hotel and slept for a good couple hours...man I woke up hurting and bad. I am really missing the dilaudid PCA pump. Starting to calm down a little now but not having a recliner or hospital type bed is hard. Oh well, I will live and believe me I am resting. Right now I am sitting in a chair at desk in the hotel as it is very comfortable position.

Post the pics! Anyone who is squeamish can by pass the pics. :D Also, there is a "spoiler" button. Just click on the PLUS sign above and insert spoiler. That might work.

so @southernlady is that okay to post this pic or would you prefer I not?
Post the pics! Anyone who is squeamish can by pass the pics. :D Also, there is a "spoiler" button. Just click on the PLUS sign above and insert spoiler. That might work.
Yes, post, but I would put it in the spoiler just in case OR put a warning in the post/thread and NOT post it in the first post if you put it in the first post of a new thread.

Thanks for the reports. Get some rest! Sending lots of healing thoughts.
Thanks. Tonight we moved from the hotel in Burbank down to a hotel by LAX so we don't have to fight traffic and be rushed in the morning.

I saw Dr K tonight so he could refill a script and do quick look over of me before we take off. He said it is looking good.

I love this man and highly encourage any of you to meet him if you ever get a chance. He is a super nice guy and fascinating to talk with.

A good nights rest and then a day of traveling tomorrow. Home is calling!

Latest posts

Back