revision today for DSRiggs

Moved 75 cm of intestine from the BP limb back into the alimentary limb - from where did he take the 75 cm, exactly - and where did he insert it?

Moved 75 cm of intestine from the BP limb back into the alimentary limb - from where did he take the 75 cm, exactly - and where did he insert it?
I was not able to speak with him after surgery yesterday but today I will get him to draw an example...and get better understanding of why this configuration

Holy Shit Scott!! (NO pun intened), you are one tough ombre dude already up and posting!!!!!! Glad you made it Ok and very excited for your ensured recovery.

Holy Shit Scott!! (NO pun intened), you are one tough ombre dude already up and posting!!!!!! Glad you made it Ok and very excited for your ensured recovery.
Lol I am a big scrawny wimp.

Thanks rob!

Btw I love Dr k but this hospital is run by idiots. He put in high protein diet but the stupid diet then defaults to low sodium and potassium... Meaning no bacon, ham or sausage or any dairy (cheese). The lady told me I can have pancakes.... Are you flupping kidding me? That is high protein? I am ready to rip heads off

Last edited:
He is going to show me pictures later but he did add to Al and CC and it came from bpl..not 100% sure specifics. On Monday he was talking about a possible kissing x.... Is what I think he said.

Important thing is that Al and CC are both longer so more square inches for absorption.

Either later today or tomorrow hopefully Doc will be able to review everything in detail. He is Mr Pictures and drawings if you haven't met him...LOL...so he will have that for me to view when he makes his presentation. That being said :

The total SB was 725-750 cm as best measured

The original AL was 175-200 per doc's measure (it stretches so this why variation) and it went up to 275 CM
The CC was 100 and went to 125
The BPL went down from 400 to 325 based on moving the junction of the anastamosis

On Monday Dr K was talking about a paper from a colleague who theorizes that BPL length is the ultimate determinant of loss and absorption. Dr K had some pretty cool pictures from pathology from another patient demonstrating where the intestine was absorbing and wasn't. Anyway, I am confusing myself so I will need to discuss more with the good Doc so I can understand and explain better.

Scott you f'ing amaze me! I logged on thinking of you and here you are posting, posting, and posting some more. I know you will do well and look forward to your and Dr. K's educational sessions.

that being said - what does BPL stand for?

God, I can't believe you!

Yea Scott you should be laid up resting. It's actually as if you had an entire new surgery. Like RNY to ds. Cause he had to take everything down except your sleeve and redo it. Look at you acting like a super patient. Glad you got hooked up with Dr K. I know after my malnourished episode I became obsessed with eating. Wasn't hungry just thought can't get that way if you eat
Everything you see. Hopefully you won't have to deal with that

Glad to see you up and posting, mister! We'll wait to hear more details once you get that picture. Rest well.

Latest posts

Back