Remember the Biggest Loser post?

Hey @Larra thanks for asking.

With my Mom's blood clot disorder, Dr. Smith said he would recommend the Sleeve for her. So, the plan right now is to start with that. In the future if that's not enough and her blood clots aren't as bad, there's the option of doing the DS, but at this point he thinks it would be too much for her.

There are a lot of people around here that do the sleeve, but I want to make sure we find the right one.

Her insurance cost for the sleeve is only $250 total if she uses an HCA facility. So, we have found one lady she's heard good things about. My mom works in an outpatient surgery center so she knows most of the surgeons around here.

Has anyone heard of this surgeon or have any reports or feedback on her?

Her name is Tiffany Jessee and she's practicing out of Largo, Florida

http://largomedical.com/physicians/profile/Dr-Tiffany-M-Jessee-DO

Hey guys!

And also yes, my celebrity is VERY limited. But, I'll use what I have to share about my experiences with the DS. I know it's not for everyone, but there are some who desperately need it but just don't even know it exists yet.

Hey, Sweet Pea! My remark about "limited celebrity status" was not meant to be insulting. I sincerely hope your name and story help promote WLS as an accepted treatment for obesity. I guarantee you'll be heard by more than just me. Use that fame and name proudly!

Great work @mike727 ! I only knew about the DS because my husband's surgeon was **obligated** to tell him since his BMI was over 50. Then when I am open about my surgery, people look at me like I have three heads when I explain it. Hopefully, word gets out to not only help those that need it, but educate the general public.

Hey @Larra thanks for asking.

With my Mom's blood clot disorder, Dr. Smith said he would recommend the Sleeve for her. So, the plan right now is to start with that. In the future if that's not enough and her blood clots aren't as bad, there's the option of doing the DS, but at this point he thinks it would be too much for her.

There are a lot of people around here that do the sleeve, but I want to make sure we find the right one.

Her insurance cost for the sleeve is only $250 total if she uses an HCA facility. So, we have found one lady she's heard good things about. My mom works in an outpatient surgery center so she knows most of the surgeons around here.

Has anyone heard of this surgeon or have any reports or feedback on her?

Her name is Tiffany Jessee and she's practicing out of Largo, Florida

http://largomedical.com/physicians/profile/Dr-Tiffany-M-Jessee-DO
Why not use Dr. Smith?

Well done Mike! And glad to hear you are doing well. You are a good writer and you tell your story eloquently.

My favorite saying that bears repeating often. Obesity is a disease, not a character flaw.

@Munchkin unfortunately her insurance won't pay for Dr. Smith because he is out of her network. There was a chance to get them to pay for the DS since he is the closest and only provider that does the DS. With the sleeve that's not the case.

Thanks for the comment about my writing. I write sales copy professionally and have been writing my whole life. I work everyday to get better.

@k9ophile lol, yes I didn't take it bad at all. I truly have a very little following of people who might recognize me or know who I am. I am definitely not someone who seeks out attention. I did the show truly because I wanted to lose the weight only. It was a cool experience and I learned a lot for sure, but fame has never been a goal of mine.

The DS has been so good to me, I will do whatever I can to share it with others who are open to learn about it.

Latest posts

Back