REFILL YOUR RXs…all of ‘em…TODAY!

Spiky Bugger

I divorced CVS and use a small (eight retail, Rx-only shops) chain pharmacy. Just a counter and people behind it…no lipstick, no candy. BUT, they routinely deliver every Rx and have since before COVID-19 hit. And they are nice.

Anyway, the pharmacist who runs my local store just called to tell me that HIS price for one of my medications is going from just under $300 for a 30-day supply to just over $1000 for a 30-day supply. Did I want to refill now, while my insurance is still covering it and my copay is $10.00…of course I do. And let’s try for a three-month refill.

If you have any already-expensive drugs, inflation may be hitting them, too. Some people, especially those without great Rx coverage, may be facing difficult decisions in the very near future.

And don't forget goodrx... for me , much cheaper than insurance

The other thing is there is ~ 10x difference in price for goodrx providers. If you find a lower cost vendor.. just call the new vendor and transfer the prescription

I wouldn't do this except that this vendor dance drops the price of Lyrica 100-1000×

And don't forget goodrx... for me , much cheaper than insurance

The other thing is there is ~ 10x difference in price for goodrx providers. If you find a lower cost vendor.. just call the new vendor and transfer the prescription

I wouldn't do this except that this vendor dance drops the price of Lyrica 100-1000×
Good point.

I seldom think of those companies because our insurance is really superior…Tier 1 drugs are $5; Tier 2 drugs are $10; and the REALLY costly Tier 3 stuff, like my husband’s Humira which cost US only $95 for a three month supply but which sent him into the donut hole at the same time…meaning that three months cost our insurance over $4000…are all bargains compared to what others are paying.

Good Rx and the one where Martin Sheen pops up everywhere.

I thought you were going to say there were shortages, because the ramipril I take for high blood pressure wasn't in when I tried to pick up a refill today.

I got my first shingles shot, too, and that Walgreen's is really slammed. you can't get them to answer the phone and huge lines most of the time. it's worrisome.

and my arm hurts but so far that's it.

anyway, I hope everybody can get what they need. scary times.

I have a pretty decent drug plan, my tier one is $0, tier 2 is like $10, it’s above that that they gouge me and we move to GoodRX. Single care is the one Martin Sheen is pushing, there is also one Amazon Prime has. But I haven’t looked into the one from Amazon.

I thought you were going to say there were shortages, because the ramipril I take for high blood pressure wasn't in when I tried to pick up a refill today.

I got my first shingles shot, too, and that Walgreen's is really slammed. you can't get them to answer the phone and huge lines most of the time. it's worrisome.

and my arm hurts but so far that's it.

anyway, I hope everybody can get what they need. scary times.
I thought she was going to say that, too.

I had my first Shingrix in 4/18 and the second in 8/18. Same as you. Just a sore arm.

For some reason, Charles' new Part D plan won't cover his generic muscle spasm medication - I was going to appeal, and checked GoodRx - it was like $5 - not worth the hassle of fighting to get them to cover it.

He has one medication that is over $3000/month, $2000/mo with Part D. We qualify for the patient assistance program from the manufacturer (for now), and they send it for free.

Latest posts

Back