Reaching Out...

@DuodenalSwitchaRoo HUGS to you! I haven't been on the last couple days. I was wondering where you were last week and then I saw you had liked someone's post and just figured you didn't have any news to share. I was glad to see that the friends helped cheer you up. You have definitely not had an easy recovery but you are very inspirational. You just keep on going and getting through. Sounds like you are having a stall, hormone dumping and worried a bit about being alone with the hubz being out of the country next week. No wonder you are down in the dumps a bit. Sometimes alone time can be very stress relieving.

Just wanted to let you know we are here for you and I am thinking of you. Chin up buttercup, brighter days are coming.

Roo, Many hugs and stay strong! Major surgery followed by massive weight loss is a roller coaster ride, even when there aren't complications. Make sure you have the right prescriptions for your new system and let your friends and family be there for you when your DH is away. We're all rooting for you!

Thanks guys. I'm feeling pretty good today. The last two days have been sunny (its cloudy and cold again now though) and my batteries have been charged. I swear I'm solar powered!!! I think, with more observation until decision day, I may increase my sertraline (Zoloft). I DO have to be careful though as I'm bipolar....2...not 1....so I don't have the insane mania but I do get hypomania which is GREAT! But the saying "what goes up, must come down" is an understatement....so I have to find a balance and realise that the most sane person would feel down and crappy in my situation.

BUT! I am pulling my arse up by the boot straps. I signed up for my next course/module for Uni and I'm doing the final essay for the one I didn't drop this term. Life goes on, and all that jazz. I didn't die, despite giving it my best efforts (joking!!! sorta) so I must still be here for a reason and that reason probably isn't to be a sofa warmer lol. I'm slowly getting more social. Have an evening planned Thurs night with the friends who watch Harley. Good times. If I sit still and am distracted, I actually forget I have a huge wound. Although the nerve endings are resurrecting so omfg OUCH!

See, I'm chatty and random again. YAY! :D

good for you!

I tell you what, I NEED sun, it makes a huge difference in how I feel. if it wasn't for that I would have moved to Portland. I'd love to visit the UK but I sure wouldn't want to move there.

I agree about the sun too! I like the "solar powered" reference. The return of daylight savings time is pretty much as exciting as my birthday or Christmas :)

Latest posts

Back