Price of getting older

Best wishes for 20-20 when you get the cataract fixed! Seems inevitable for most of us.

For hard-to-shop-for friends and family (like my overseas brother-in-law), I often give the gift of restoring a blind person's eyesight through seva.org ($50 funds one cataract surgery). Check it out. They do great work around the globe.

Also worthy of mention on the topic of eyesight, mine got *better* post-DS with the weight loss - that was an unexpected bonus.
Mine also got better after my DS. Doc explained it, yet I've forgotten what he said. Weight loss can make eyesight better. Whoda thought?

Last edited:
I was a 20/500 myopic back in the day. Had RK surgery for that problem, left eye. It overcorrected and then I was farsighted in one eye and nearsighted in the other. Had LASIK to get both eyes closer to 20/20...but the difference between the eyes was too great and not corrected. I went 12 years with no depth perception. Couldn't thread a needle and going down stairs was terrorizing.

As soon as I was even close to needing cataract surgery, I did. Left eye only. The new lens got my vision to the point that I can thread a needle...although I still can't sew.

Surgery was a piece of cake.

But I remember how Toric contacts for MiniSue were going to break us. She is also very myopic and had a part in a play that didn't (setting was a pre-eyeglasses era) allow for glasses. The best we could do was buy contacts for the myopia and hoped that helped enough that she didn't tap dance off the stage and into the orchestra pit.

I have all possible normal eye conditions...myopic, presbyopic, severe astigmatism, mild floaters and now cataracts. BUT I've avoided glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and macular degeneration.

Thankfully until this latest exam, they have been able to correct my vision with glasses to at least 20/30 in my bad eye and 20/25 in my good one. They can still correct my left eye vision but I am not gonna wear glasses for only one eye. (Altho I know I will for the the two weeks between surgeries)

I have all possible normal eye conditions...myopic, presbyopic, severe astigmatism, mild floaters and now cataracts. BUT I've avoided glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and macular degeneration.

Thankfully until this latest exam, they have been able to correct my vision with glasses to at least 20/30 in my bad eye and 20/25 in my good one. They can still correct my left eye vision but I am not gonna wear glasses for only one eye. (Altho I know I will for the the two weeks between surgeries)
Just punch out a lens for 2 weeks and you are good to go!!!!

Latest posts

Back