Pain

Val

Hi I could really need some help. I had my DS 10 years ago. No problems until 2 years ago. I have a burning in my right groin, right stomach and right side of my back. I feel like someone is holding a branding iron and it’s burning. I can’t hardly get out of bed. I’ve spent 2 years going to Drs with no luck. I also spent a week at Mayos. I have had 5 MRI and more tests you can’t imagin. Just hopping some one can give me some help. Thank you

Have you had CT with contrast, to rule out blockage? We DSers can still eliminate with a blockage. Also, was an ulcer ruled out? Do you take NSAIDs?

Have you had CT with contrast, to rule out blockage? We DSers can still eliminate with a blockage. Also, was an ulcer ruled out? Do you take NSAIDs?
Hi Sheanie thank you for the ideas you shared with me.I did have the ST with contrast. What is NSAID?

Sorry, you are not feeling well. Do I understand that you have had these symptoms for 2 years or do they come and go or ?
What did the docs at Mayo say? Did they have a DS surgeon look at you? Is your DS surgeon around?

Sorry, you are not feeling well. Do I understand that you have had these symptoms for 2 years or do they come and go or ?
What did the docs at Mayo say? Did they have a DS surgeon look at you? Is your DS surgeon around?
I have been dealing with the pain for two years. Just keeps getting worse.Most of the Drs including Mayos think it’s caused from nerves damage but everything they do to address the problems do not work on me. I don’t know if it even has anything to do with the DS just hoping someone can give me some good ideas. I live in a small town so no DS doctors. The closest Dr for that is 5 hrs away .

When was your last full physical, with true DS labs? Been screened for osteoporosis?
Oh my you guys are awesome! I just got a call from Dr Ara Keshishian out of CA. I told him about my symptoms an he seems to believe it’s a vitiman deficiency He emailed me what he needed testing and I’m getting that done tomorrow. And we are going to have a face to face consultation with him on February 11. I will ask him about the blocked bile duct. I just feel like I have a little hope. If I need to fly to CA to see him I will. There really is nothing in NE to go to. Thanks everyone

Dr K is the best! I had an endoscopy with him yesterday. You’re in good hands to get to the bottom of your situation.

Hi Val! So glad to see that you posted. I hadn't thought about osteoporosis being a possible cause and I bet you've never had a bone scan done. Once you get your labs done and talk to Dr. K I would schedule an appointment for a bone scan. Whether your pain is related to that or not you still should get one to see where you're at. Eat that protein, drink that water, and take those vitamins!:D

I
Hi Val! So glad to see that you posted. I hadn't thought about osteoporosis being a possible cause and I bet you've never had a bone scan done. Once you get your labs done and talk to Dr. K I would schedule an appointment for a bone scan. Whether your pain is related to that or not you still should get one to see where you're at. Eat that protein, drink that water, and take those vitamins!:D
Thanks I finally fell like I have a doctor that will listen. Even though he’s half the United States away! L0l thanks for all your ideas

I know, I'm the one who told you to talk to him! Sorry Val, I forgot to tell you what my username was on here and I just assumed you would know it was me. Hope the labs went OK today.

Latest posts

Back