One week to go!

Ok surgery was Monday morning. Had to have a unit if blood Tuesday. Left hospital Thursday afternoon. One jp drain still outputting an uncomfortable amount for me. I'm struggling. Did not realize how hard this part would be. I wanna sit back and cry. But that hurts too!! Any helpful or encouraging words??

Last edited:
Ok surgery was Monday morning. Had to have a unit if blood Tuesday. Left hospital Thursday afternoon. One jp drain still outputting an uncomfortable amount for me. I'm struggling. Did not realize how hard this part would be. I wanna sit back and cry. But that hurts too!! Any helpful or encouraging words??

perfectly normal to be feeling like you have been hit with a Mack truck. But you have done the toughest part. From now on it will get better and easier. Day by day. Just concentrate on what you need for today. Sip, sip sip your water, try to get in some protein. Get up and walk some. Write down everything little thing you do so you can see your progress - how much water, how much protein, how much walking. You will see these improve over time and be amazed.

If you feel like crying, then cry. There is a lot of hormonal stuff going on and the anesthetic is still in your system. Sleep or nap when you feel like it. Baby yourself. It is all normal and will get better

It will get better! Slowly but surely until one day you wake up and realize that you feel fantastic! Take this time to pamper yourself and concentrate on the important things, hydration, protein, making sure you get enough rest. Don't beat yourself up if you can't do something just do what you can and try again and pretty soon you'll be doing everything you were before and more. And remember that we are here if you need to vent!

Latest posts

Back