OH BMI over 55 group?

We have our own heavyweight group right here! :barefoot:

I can tell you what happened to virtually every person BMI >50 who had a sleeve: They either didn't lose "enough" or they regained. Just like with bands. The heavier you are to start with, the worse your results will be with a restriction-only procedure. The results will tend to be somewhat better with VSG than with bands, but that's still what the trends are showing thus far in what few studies have been done.

Unfortunately, way too many of those folks then disappear from places that could help them, and that is very sad.

I think I may have been in that group...who knows?! I've been around since 2008-ish. 2 Stage DSer....I have a sleeve and am getting switched next month! (squeeee)

Lots of support around. Even though I'm still over a bmi of 50, I find support from all sorts, even the lightweights we secretly envy ;) We are all on a journey, for better or worse.

I started near enough to 650 and am now at 440 and hope to down to 240 soon enough ;) Will always be fat, just like a lot of SMO wls peeps, but that's life :)

I was over there (OH) 7 years ago. I'm still friends with several friends from the BMI >50 board on FB. I've posted there (OH) a bit in the last few days, then was directed here. :)

I'm still in touch with Kix, Kathy S, Clirishu, Lesley G, Heather D, Stella-Blue and others from that era via FB. I know at least one of them is struggling - I think I'll invite her here.

Oh, and I'm Patty T over there.

Last edited:
My BMI is 78.somthing so 79. I have 2 months(March/April) before I complete my pre surgery work up and then approx. 2 weeks till surgery after the surgeon meet.

Any of you regulars from the Old OH BMI over 55 group?

I found many people to be supportive of one another and I really enjoyed the support we were able to give one another, regardless of which surgery. We all shared many of the same experiences in being SMO.

So is anyone here from over there..?? I was very active 3-5 years ago and only stop in 5-6 times a year now.
Hi Dennis,
I think I talked to you on a over 50bmi board at OH recently? I don't hang out there often, but do check in just because I've seen some scarey advice shared there, or some folks that are really looking for good information.

My BMI hasn't been over 50 for years now, but it's the group I'm most interested in helping, and still consider myself in this group mentally, even if my body has moved on.

Latest posts

Back