Nuts and Ezekiel bread during weightloss phase?

LindaDarnell

Im reading and researching so much conflicting information about these rwo foods in a low carb regime. Im hoping you all can shed some light as it applies to the DS.

I love cashews and other nuts..but mostly cashews (which i know are technically not a nut). Though the fat content is good for DS, they tend to be carb heavy. So during the weightloss phase should I skip nuts and cashews?

Ezekiel bread continues to be topic of conversation as an acceptable option in a low carb regime. I understand why some feel this way because of how it's made, live sprouts and all. But it's still carbs, right? And carbs are carbs..right?

Thank you in advance

Carbs are carbs, yes, but simple sugars are very bad vs carbs your body has to work harder to process. (A digestive "process" frequently not so fun in DSers early out as it causes gas or worse.)

My problem with nuts was that I couldn't eat just a couple. A handful once a day is fine, but I wanted to eat a handful ad infinitum. (And then the kidney stones started and I need to avoid the oxalates in nuts.) BTW I used to keep them in the freezer where they stayed fresh longer, but also were harder to eat until they came to room temp. Barely slowed me down, though, so I got them out of the house.

I don't know nuthin' about ezekiel bread but the word "bread" would have me putting on the brakes. If I can't trust myself around nuts I most assuredly can't trust myself around bread. Or chocolate. But that's another story.

Look up cloud bread. Better choice! And you can do your pizza crust with parmesan or I heard spinach leaves the other day. I will try that too.

Not too long ago Julian bread was tearing up the internet and people were paying about $10 per loaf for low carb bread. Well, it turned out to be a lie, there was a lawsuit, and the bread had more carbs than advertised. Exact same thing with Dreamfields low carb pasta. Yes, they will lie to you!

If I remember correctly, almonds are the best choice carb wise. But I do eat almost all nuts. A small handful at a time.

I was going to ask if anyone had tried the Cloud Bread recipes!! Do you like it? My SIL does cauliflower pizza crust and swears by it!
Ive tried to make cloud bread before and just couldnt get the hang of it. Because im not good at baking it wasnt easy for me to Master. As for pizza, ive made a crust with cream cheese and parm before that was really good. But it's labor intensive to make. Honestly when I want pizza, i just pull the toppings off the crust and go from there.

I was going to ask if anyone had tried the Cloud Bread recipes!! Do you like it? My SIL does cauliflower pizza crust and swears by it!

Personally I think the cloud bread is just ok. It is good enough to make a hamburger if you use lots of toppings. By itself, it tastes kind of eggy more than bready. But lots of people really like it. The cauliflower pizza crust tastes like cauliflower to me. Just like the fake 'mashed potatoes'. My fave pizza crust is still the parm, egg, and cream cheese.

I have been experimenting with coconut flour for quite a while and I can make some wonderful things with it. I have been working on pizza crust for quite a while. Eventually I will get it right!

When I crave pizza, I buy a Papa Murphy's take-and-bake in whatever flavor strikes my fancy and after I bake it I scrape the toppings onto a portobello mushroom cap that I've microwaved. Be sure to take the gills out of the mushroom before cooking it, or it will get soggy.

When I crave pizza, I buy a Papa Murphy's take-and-bake in whatever flavor strikes my fancy and after I bake it I scrape the toppings onto a portobello mushroom cap that I've microwaved. Be sure to take the gills out of the mushroom before cooking it, or it will get soggy.
Learned something new again! I always wondered why my baked mushrooms come out soggy but other people's do not! It's the gills. Thank you!

I bought pistachios in the shell yesterday
I prefer cashews but pistachio shells will keep me from over indulging bc I get tired of fighting them after a while. They do fill me and it's a "good" fat for me.
As for the Ezekiel bread, that was something my husband inquired about so I thought Id ask. But Id already explained to him that carbs are carbs especially when it relates to grains. A few people that have been making "suggestions" about low carb clearly have no clue of what a true low carb diet is. Ive been doing some version of low carb for over 10 years, Atkins and Keto have been around for almost 50 years. yet im still amazed that there are people who think oatmeal or fruit are part of a low carb regimen. Crazy!!

I bought pistachios in the shell yesterday
I prefer cashews but pistachio shells will keep me from over indulging bc I get tired of fighting them after a while. They do fill me and it's a "good" fat for me.
As for the Ezekiel bread, that was something my husband inquired about so I thought Id ask. But Id already explained to him that carbs are carbs especially when it relates to grains. A few people that have been making "suggestions" about low carb clearly have no clue of what a true low carb diet is. Ive been doing some version of low carb for over 10 years, Atkins and Keto have been around for almost 50 years. yet im still amazed that there are people who think oatmeal or fruit are part of a low carb regimen. Crazy!!

I know! I watch WLS YouTubers and some of them say they're eating low carb, then they talk about how they eat overnight oats for breakfast every morning. I just shake my head and move on.

I know! I watch WLS YouTubers and some of them say they're eating low carb, then they talk about how they eat overnight oats for breakfast every morning. I just shake my head and move on.
Omgee! Me too! Overnight oats (carbs) layered with sugar or a a sugary nut butter (more carbs) and finished at the top with fruit (carb doldrums)!

Many smart people have NO idea! A million years ago an eternally thin friend mentioned that she was trying to diet for the first time in her life. I asked what she was eating and she told me Doritos and chocolate milk. And this is a smart person!

Latest posts

Back