New here, saying hello!

Hiddenrose

Hello there everyone! I came here to read about and learn from others' experiences with Gastric Surgery and found more on this forum than any other about the SADI. I'm on a path to try for it at the beginning of August (been on this path since October 2023 this time around and initially began looking at WLS in 2015. It's been quite some time now, and I'm hoping to gain useful information (and maybe a bit of a community!) from you fine folks. Thanks for keeping this forum around!

Hi and welcome @Hiddenrose! Based on the weight information you shared on the SADI thread, I would recommend you instead consider the full traditional duodenal switch instad of the SADI, to maximize weight loss potential. Also, please look for a surgeon who is experienced with the DS, only surgeons who offer (and have experience) with a given procedure will suggest it. A chef will only serve up the dishes they are cooking, if you will. All the best!

Hello and thank you for the warm welcome (and advice!) I appreciate the feedback everyone has given me already SO much! I'm processing the advice and certainly continuing my research based on what ya'll have told me!

Hiddenrose,

My humble (and usually unsolicited) opinion is that knowing what I know today, there is NO WAY IN DOWNTOWN HELL I’d consider anything other than the DS and, considering your BMI and the other conditions you’re dealing with, it would be with a VERY EXPERIENCED DS surgeon.

Having the DS is like getting run over by a bus, and then a train. It is a HUGE surgery. Actually, the Super Morbidly Obese present special challenges to surgeons and anesthesiologists for “less huge” procedures. I think you want to hold out for the MOST experienced DS surgeon you can find.

Or not…

Sue

WELCOME! I concur with all the suggestions here. I had the DS and it was the best decision over the other WLS for me! I wish you the best of luck!

Latest posts

Back