My Story

Ersebak

For most of my life, I struggled with my weight. Despite trying countless diets and exercise programs, nothing seemed to work. My metabolism seemed to work against me, and the pounds kept piling on. It wasn't just about how I looked; my health was deteriorating. High blood pressure, joint pain, and early signs of diabetes were constant reminders that something needed to change.

One rainy afternoon, I stumbled upon a forum where people shared their weight-loss journeys. Many had stories like mine, and a recurring solution was gastric sleeve surgery. Intrigued, I spent hours reading success stories and gathering information. Gastric sleeve surgery involved removing a large portion of the stomach, which not only limited food intake but also helped improve metabolic issues.

This is my journey so far, I look forward to your advice and to hear about your experiences about this process, this center and/or this website

Welcome @Ersebak
The sleeve is a decent surgery and one of our members @JackieOnLine has had awesome success but she works hard at it.

Honestly the sleeve has a high revision rate. Unfortunately most revise to the wrong surgery, but you found us.

hello @Ersebak !

I have a good metabolism and that's why the sleeve was enough for me. and it's still hard!

if you don't, you should look into a DS you really should.

Hi and welcome @Ersebak! I'd only recommend the sleeve on its own to friends who are at the very low end of obese and who are committed to living on highly restrictive diets for the rest of their lives. I'd recommend researching the duodenal switch for anyone carrying substantial execess weight.

I honestly think the decision on if you need a DS or just a VSG is not about how much you need to lose but how your metabolism is working.

I do not and would not live with a "highly restrictive diet" but I don't have to because if I cut back, I lose weight. my metabolism doesn't expect me to live on a very low calorie diet. Luckily!

Latest posts

Back