My 5 day countdown to DS in Mexico

Day 0

Too tired after arriving at 3 am for 5:30 am plane to post anything yesterday.

For any of you Dsers who were confused by their instructions and believed you could eat after the lab work... You had to know in your heart of hearts that could not be true. Only VSG get the last meal. DS? Broth broth broth. Day 0-2 we get nada, not even water. Then back to -- you guessed it -- broth. (I've lost 12# since October 18 Atkins then clears diet)

Today I was here at 6:30 to be first surgery but they are missing a latex free drain (I have latex allergy) so I'm not on til 1 pm PST. I was not anxious and perfectly content to sit and read a book for 5 hours but they insisted on Ativan. Now I'm too woozy to read which pisses me off. But on the bright side, I did get half a shot glass of water to swallow pill. Water was so great with dry mouth

So I won't be to recovery until 5 pm PST probably back in room at 7 pm. If you hear no more from me you can expect the worse. This board needs to share when WLS turns tragic. In that case I will have husband text details of my demise.

See you on the LIGHT side

For any of you Dsers who were confused by their instructions and believed you could eat after the lab work... You had to know in your heart of hearts that could not be true. Only VSG get the last meal. DS? Broth broth broth. Day 0-2 we get nada, not even water. Then back to -- you guessed it -- broth. (I've lost 12# since October 18 Atkins then clears diet)
I was able to eat until the night before. I wasn't on a diet of any kind ahead of time. In fact, I was told NOT to lose ANY weight.

As far as
So I won't be to recovery until 5 pm PST probably back in room at 7 pm. If you hear no more from me you can expect the worse. This board needs to share when WLS turns tragic. In that case I will have husband text details of my demise.
Swinging chickens, saying prayers, sending good thoughts that we hear from you later on.

Do you have another board members contact info so your husband can update us with your success to the Dark Side (called that due to the initials)? If not, I'll be glad to be his point of contact. Just let me know and I will PM you a number.

Thanks @southernlady he had @BebeZed cell and will text her. (I will text her myself if I am able ) As a medical malpractice defense attorney there will sure to be endless details in case of the worse. (He is not with me til I leave on Monday)

@Clematis As a pre-op (working on getting Ins authorization) there is so much to learn from members who share their DS experience. Thank you for sharing yours.
Betty

Day 0

Too tired after arriving at 3 am for 5:30 am plane to post anything yesterday.

Today I was here at 6:30 to be first surgery but they are missing a latex free drain (I have latex allergy) so I'm not on til 1 pm PST. I was not anxious and perfectly content to sit and read a book for 5 hours but they insisted on Ativan. Now I'm too woozy to read which pisses me off. But on the bright side, I did get half a shot glass of water to swallow pill. Water was so great with dry mouth

See you on the LIGHT side

Well shoot.. I guess Nina got confused because she told me to go pork out (well not in THOSE words exactly LOL). I'm glad I didn't though...

I've been thinking about you today and thought you'd be already through it by now... but it's only 10 minutes away so I'm sending all positive thoughts and good energy to you. You got this!

You know, I had the same thoughts about my demise but I woke up feeling pretty doggone good considering. I hope you have a very uneventful surgery and recovery. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Good luck Clematis...hopefully you are in suite now and things are going well. I know you have been waiting a while now and are ready to rock this. Welcome to the team!

Hopefully you and your latex free accessories are in surgery by now. Wishing you a safe and successful surgery! And an easy recovery.

I am so excited for you!!! I bet you are so glad to be where you are today then back waiting for insurance approval or just starting the Atkins diet. Here you are ready to fly out tomorrow morning!! Are you keeping in touch with someone so they will let us know how you are doing after surgery, post op, etc. till you feel up to getting back on here?
The best of luck to you!!

Yabba dabba do @BigBedRock more to come after the slicing and dicing commences. They say 20minutes more

Lol, you certainly have a good attitude going in ( I was actually crying as I was rolled in :cry:).

You are going to be out any time now to join us all on the losers bench.

Lol, you certainly have a good attitude going in ( I was actually crying as I was rolled in :cry:).

You are going to be out any time now to join us all on the losers bench.

I think our doctor uses some amazingly good stuff because I vaguely remember yukking it up on my way into the OR and cracking a joke when I got in there. Can't remember what it was but I remember thinking it was hilarious... :D

I think our doctor uses some amazingly good stuff because I vaguely remember yukking it up on my way into the OR and cracking a joke when I got in there. Can't remember what it was but I remember thinking it was hilarious... :D
I can't remember what Dr K's anesthesiologist used when taking me to the OR but I remember going from the little preop area down the hall from the OR and she told she was giving me a little something to relax me. I saw the OR and they were getting ready to push wheel me through the door and the next thing I remember was waking up in my room. This was not my first rodeo and I never recall having been out before getting into the OR and on to the table......I shall take it.

Latest posts

Back