Liquid Vit D3

BeccaHertel

Hello :)
So I'm starting to stock up on vitamins I'll need post op and I'm leaning toward Bariatric Advantage to start out on. Does anybody have experience with their Liquid Vitamin D3? I'm not sure if this is a good option for DS patients, but I'm nervous about taking pills right after surgery (hoping chewable or liquid would be better).
Thank you so much!
Becca

Don't go liquid (or chewable, for that matter) I had the same thought...you will have no trouble swallowing at all - the issue is just stomach size, so you may have to space them out so your stomach is empty, instead of taking them by the handful. Also, the taste of liquids will be foul - I guarantee you, chewables will be drying at a time when you need hydrating.

Thanks Taterweight! I just got off the phone w/ my surgeon's office and set my surgery date for 4/15. 10 seconds after I hung up, I went into panic mode at how unprepared I am (protein shakes, vitamins, etc.) at the moment :confused:

Congrats! You'll be fine...get protein samples in different flavours, syntrax bariatric sample pack was a good one for me, and a few other brands to try, have broth and clear soups in your cupboard, sf Popsicles, sf jello, and Greek yogurts. I think if you read through back posts, you'll find that you really aren't usually up to adding in the vitamins until about week 3...starting with 2 multi's and calcium citrate. (You'll add in the rest as you get further out) So you have time to place orders and gather things yet.

Look vitalady's DS regimen. If you don't want to buy from her that's OK but she has one of the best lists available. Many people have to work up to taking all the vites and that's OK. Most important is D, calcium, and at least 2 doses of multis per day. But put it in perspective and the vites are not important at all in the very beginning compared to hydration.

Latest posts

Back