lenghting my common channel

C- So glad you can return home. Please take the best of care of yourself. Hope you feel 100% better soon!

@hilary1617 I kind of am too. Usually I don't mind being in the hospital I can get rest not this time they have tired me out. Every hour they had to do something to me. The longest time of sleep I could get was 11pm to 1am. I think I would have gotten more rest at home chasing Toot. Lol BTW he was here this weekend giving my daughter a run for her money

Good look C......hope you can get healthy soon! You need a break!

The further out you are from surgery, the more your body adapts. At 2+ years out you should be approaching the point where that starts happening. I will be hoping you adapt enough to avoid that surgery! Now go eat! Have you discussed creon to help you absorb more?

Yes I was 2 years last week. @Munchkin keeping the food in me to be absorbed is my problem. Every time I put something in my stomach immediately it was coming out either the mouth or my azz. I'm hoping it was the stomach infection and has now resolved. My vitamin K was bottomed out the lab told dr. K that the only way that ever get that low was having sever diarrhea for a long time. I think it was K.

Yes I was 2 years last week. @Munchkin keeping the food in me to be absorbed is my problem. Every time I put something in my stomach immediately it was coming out either the mouth or my azz. I'm hoping it was the stomach infection and has now resolved. My vitamin K was bottomed out the lab told dr. K that the only way that ever get that low was having sever diarrhea for a long time. I think it was K.
So Dr K said that low vitamin K is from diarrhea? Interesting. I am checking to see what my K was on last set of labs. I know that part of my problem is diarrhea so i try hard not to eat too much fat and especially not in combo with anything sweet (high junk carbs).

So Dr K said that low vitamin K is from diarrhea? Interesting. I am checking to see what my K was on last set of labs. I know that part of my problem is diarrhea so i try hard not to eat too much fat and especially not in combo with anything sweet (high junk carbs).

@DSRIGGS I believe it was K not sure I'll ask again tomorrow. Its either that or Zinc cause those are the only 2 they are giving me. I'll Let you know for sure tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sounds good @Charris When very malnourished my Zinc was definitely low and it has been a battle to keep in range but is doing well now. K I didn't really measure until recently and it has been low.

@newanatomy, @Settledownnow, @southernlady trust and believe from know on if I think anything is going wrong I'm going to immediately start taking 3 shakes instead 2. NO WAY IS ANYONE gonna lengthen my CC.
Hon, with all due respect please don't lock yourself into a position like that. If you can't absorb enough you may have to do look at options, but it sounds like your stomach was more of an issue so hopefully the lengthening won't be needed.

Dr K just lengthened the channel of a friend of mine last week, and yes from the old board (and no I still can't say who it is as that person doesn't want me sharing). Sometimes it is necessary and a GOOD THING

@DSRIGGS I'm just joking because I trust Dr K and trust his judgement. Just out of curiosity is you friend male or female? Reason I ask is because it seems like none of us women ever get to thin. Plus you males even with the sleeve only seem like in six months you guys are already done where us women at 24 months are still trying to get to goal.

Latest posts

Back