Just like the real thing Lasagna (Plan ahead meal)

newanatomy

http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/2011/12/just-like-the-real-thing-lasagna.html

INGREDIENTS
-For the “Noodles” –

2 Eggs
4 oz. Cream Cheese – Softened
¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese – Grated
1 ¼ Cup Mozzarella Cheese – Shredded
1/4 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder

-For the Filling-

1 lb. Ground Beef
1 ½ Cups Three Cheese Marinara Sauce, Divided
¾ Cup Mozzarella Cheese – Shredded
6 Tbs. Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
1 Tbs. Minced Onion
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Dried Basil
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning

DIRECTIONS

-For the “Noodles” This part will take the longest so feel free to make the “noodles” the night before and just leave them in the fridge until you are ready for them.

Preheat oven to 375° Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper

In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together cream cheese and eggs.

Next, add Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in mozzarella cheese and mix until well incorporated.

With a rubber spatula, spread the mixture into the baking dish, forming a nice even layer. Bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes.

When the “noodles” are done baking, cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes and then cut into thirds. This makes three perfectly sized “noodle” layers for an 8.5 X 4.5 X 2.5 loaf pan.

-For the Filling-In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, combine ground beef, minced onion, oregano, garlic powder, dried basil and a pinch of salt. Cook until meat is browned.

Drain excess fat from pan and add ¾ Cup marinara sauce to meat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.

Pour ¼ cup marinara sauce into bottom of loaf pan. Top with the first “noodle” layer

Layer a third of the ground beef mixture. Top with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese and 3 Tbs. ricotta cheese, and cover with another “noodle” layer. Repeat these steps.

Cover the top “noodle” layer with remaining ground beef, and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Italian seasoning over top. Bake for 20 minutes.

Prep Time – 30 Minutes

Cook Time – 40 Minutes

Makes Servings: 4

I make this in a huge pan at least, quadrupling the recipe. I use a half sheet baking pan to make the "noodles" and use my own sauce recipe. This also freezes really well.

I'm trying this!!!!!!!!!!! I will make extra 'noodles' and see if they hold up to soups and stews after they 'dry'.

Latest posts

Back