It's over for me

How certain are you that your new insurance doesn't cover WLS? Do you have the EoC for the new job yet?
It's a smaller company and I called BCBS with the group plan #, she said it's excluded. There are 3 plans and I had her just look up one, so once I'm there I will get more info, but highly doubtful. BC said it's never included unless specifically added. Ridiculous.

Ladies and gents! I'm revisiting my posts from two years ago, I doubt ya'll remember me. I have money to self pay for surgery, but I am not willing to go to Mexico. Does anyone know any good self pay DS surgeons in Florida? Dr. Smith doesn't do cash, which I just don't understand.

Also, if I can't get the DS, which is what it's looking like, would guys do RNY over SIPS?

Ladies and gents! I'm revisiting my posts from two years ago, I doubt ya'll remember me. I have money to self pay for surgery, but I am not willing to go to Mexico. Does anyone know any good self pay DS surgeons in Florida? Dr. Smith doesn't do cash, which I just don't understand.

Also, if I can't get the DS, which is what it's looking like, would guys do RNY over SIPS?
Dr. Boyce accepts self pay but no, I don’t know his current price.

I don't know whether or not Dr.Ayoola in TX accepts self-pay. I understand that not everyone is comfortable with going out of country for surgery. But, if you are willing to travel within the USA, you could contact Dr. Rabkin or Dr Keshishian in CA. Once you're on the plane, a coupe more hours isn't a big deal, and both are accustomed to working with patients from far away.
And, I would not accept RNY or lap band AT ALL.

I don't know whether or not Dr.Ayoola in TX accepts self-pay. I understand that not everyone is comfortable with going out of country for surgery. But, if you are willing to travel within the USA, you could contact Dr. Rabkin or Dr Keshishian in CA. Once you're on the plane, a coupe more hours isn't a big deal, and both are accustomed to working with patients from far away.
And, I would not accept RNY or lap band AT ALL.
Oh been there done that with the lap band. Went to Mexico in 2002 and had it removed in Florida in 2009. My go to is SIPS because it’s GOT to better than RnY, but I just don’t know and yes, I’ve read the updates here.

The issues with going that far, for me, is covid/flying. I have severe anxiety about flying right now and my support is my husband, who will NOT fly, ever. I could possibly drive to another state, but who is the best option closest to FL?

How close are you to Jacksonville? My Dr. Was Sunil Sharma. I am pretty sure he does self pay. My insurance covered my surgery so I don't know pricing.
I am very happy with my results. He is not on this sites approved list, but I know one other person from this page who used him and was also happy.
He is not all warm and fuzzy, but he is a good surgeon.

Welcome back. My view is that full DS is the only consistently successful procedure that has proven long term not to fail patients in its core intent of long term weight loss maintenance. I would never recommend RNY to anyone - due to loss of pyloric valve and "blind" stomach that can't be scoped. However, at least with SADI, the fundamental anatomy would remain functional.

Latest posts

Back