It's a go

Annabelle

I got my surgery date. It's July 25th which is so soon now. My revision will be a classic DS as Dr. Gagner recommended because of my starting BMI. Really excited and freaked out. I will be travelling to Montreal and staying there 5 days, then back to the West Coast. Hopefully i will be comfortable enough to fly , as hubby needs to be in San Fran the next day. Ordered my vitamins and got diet from doctors office what else do I need?..

Congratulations and welcome Annabelle. I think, and others can correct me if I have this wrong, that Gagner may have a history of certain unusual and experimental procedures, so make sure you have in writing and clearly understand exactly what will be performed. DS is one of the best choices I ever made! Make sure to request a wheelchair for the airport for your return trip - you'll be sore and tired and that will be very helpful. Best wishes!

I have heard that too. He did my VSG as well and when I talked to him on Friday he told me classic with 100 cm common channel. I will get this in writing Thanks for the tip on the wheelchair.

Hi @Annabelle!

Gagner did my DS in February. He certainly mentioned the SIPS/SADI during my initial phone consult, but when I said I wanted the 'classic' DS with two anastomoses, based on the evidence based behind it, he had no issues and agreed it was a good surgery. My CC is 100cm as well, and my surgical report mentions two anastomoses. He's also happy to do follow-ups by phone, which is what I have done.

The hotel where you'll stay is great and very central. I went home about 10am the day after surgery, and the three of us shared a private nurse. Overnight for the next night, I had a private nurse (a nice guy who was very attentive and didn't hesitate to give me pain meds and anti-nausea meds). I found it much more comfortable than the night in the surgical centre (though that was better than a traditional hospital). I didn't have anyone with me, so they were also great about dropping the prescription to the pharmacy, arranging for it to be delivered to me and a later script for nausea collected from my room as well. Don't stock up on liquids, though - they stock your room up for you with Gatorade, soups, jello etc, and I wasted a lot of time, effort and money going to Walmart the night before!

I went in February, so my issue was navigating snow while healing! I was right to travel to New York by train five days later - no need for a wheelchair, but I did priority boarding. If you have any questions, give me a shout!

Well you should be on the team now. Congratulations! Hopefully you are resting comfortably and having a boring and uneventful recovery.

Latest posts

Back