Input on input?

star0210

I'm only two weeks out tomorrow from my re-sleeve and DS.
I'm only getting in 300-400 calories a day.
I have a Greek yogurt, a protein shake, and usually some soup in a day. I'm getting in over 40g of protein a day.
I'm drinking at least 4 bottles of water plus a cup of coffee in the mornings. I just don't have room for anything more.
I hardly ever poop....still hoping I'll become more regular once I can start eating real food.
Also trying to start taking vitamins.

It's all good right? I'm on track for only being 2 weeks out right?
Gosh, I never second guessed myself like this after my VSG. Bah.

Calories NO LONGER MATTER...stop counting those.
Your protein is on track...30 grams by 30 days, 60 grams by 60 days, 90 grams by 90 days.
How much water...your bottles could be all of 8 oz or 20 oz...so that isn't a good indicator. How many oz do the bottles hold?

I'm not counting them...they just show up in MFP where I'm tracking my stuff.
The bottles are the 16.9oz. Plus whatever amount is in my protein shake.

And tell me my body isn't stubborn...I was 198 when I started the 5 day pre-op liquid diet, 195.6 an hour before surgery and today 187. It's holding on tight to everything I've got! Lol
But it's coming off...that's what matters.

I made some sf vanilla pudding with half HWC and half UCM...that's a nice treat. Thought the HWC might help get a little more fat in...but I only eat a couple of spoonfuls at a time because I'd rather make sure I have room for protein. I can't wait to be able to get protein from real food! I might try a scrambled egg with HWC this weekend cooked in lots of real butter..that ought to make it pretty soft and get me some fat. I'm so terrified of getting constipated. Ugh.

Oh, okay, on the calories...just don't get too focused on them. I HONESTLY wish they made a food/fluid tracker that did NOT mention calories just grams.
Okay, so your bottles are a good size...that means you are adequately hydrated.

You'll get there...just remember, stay off the scale.

Last edited:
You are doing great! How are you feeling? You will probably loose very slowly. How tall are you? It doesn't seem like you have a whole lot to lose.

I'm feeling great...caught a nasty cold my last day in Mexico so I've been fighting that. Just a nagging coughing up of junk left.
I get a bit tired in the afternoon...but not too bad.
My biggest complaint is my back. I have a lot of lower back issues but this feels muscular through my middle and upper back. I've been taking a muscle relaxer at night to try to get comfortable enough to get some sleep. I'm guessing that's from being in bed so much for surgery..I dunno. I was going to call to see if I could get in for a massage today but was too busy at work and I didn't do it.

I'm short...only 5'2" on my tippy toes. Im hoping to get down to 135...that's a happy weight for me....in my dreams I'd like to get down to 125 to have a little room for bounce back. I think a normal BMI would be between 120-130. My highest weight ever was 293 before my VSG in 2010.

Oh, okay, on the calories...just don't get too focused on them. I HONESTLY wish they made a food/fluid tracker that did NOT mention calories just grams.
Okay, so your bottles are a good size...that means you are adequately hydrated.

You'll get there...just remember, stay off the scale.
Me too...cause in MFP on my phone I have to hunt to get to see my protein and carb counts but the calories are just right there in your face.

yes, how are you feeling? * at this point just getting in enough fluid is good.

*we were posting a the same time! glad things are getting better. the back pain might be from surgery - the position you were in I mean.

I'm feeling great...caught a nasty cold my last day in Mexico so I've been fighting that. Just a nagging coughing up of junk left.
I get a bit tired in the afternoon...but not too bad.
My biggest complaint is my back. I have a lot of lower back issues but this feels muscular through my middle and upper back. I've been taking a muscle relaxer at night to try to get comfortable enough to get some sleep. I'm guessing that's from being in bed so much for surgery..I dunno. I was going to call to see if I could get in for a massage today but was too busy at work and I didn't do it.

I'm short...only 5'2" on my tippy toes. Im hoping to get down to 135...that's a happy weight for me....in my dreams I'd like to get down to 125 to have a little room for bounce back. I think a normal BMI would be between 120-130. My highest weight ever was 293 before my VSG in 2010.

Yes, you are a petite woman, I am just 20 pound lighter than you are right now and almost a year post-op! I am 5'8" though. Still, you are a lightweight, don't expect to have that scale spinning through those numbers, not that you are! You will do great!

Yes, you are a petite woman, I am just 20 pound lighter than you are right now and almost a year post-op! I am 5'8" though. Still, you are a lightweight, don't expect to have that scale spinning through those numbers, not that you are! You will do great!

I knew as a revision and a lightweight (it cracks me up to call myself that after being SMO for years!!) that the loss would be slower. I guess I was hoping that because they did the re-sleeve that might help speed it up a bit.
I knew better than to expect it come off like it did after my VSG.

Sounds like you're doing well, you're way ahead of where I was at 2 weeks! Oh, and what's "UCM"?

Unsweetened coconut milk....my new favorite thing. Lol
I had never tried until last month. I'm not a milk person...can't stand regular milk unless it's in something but just to drink a glass of milk...yuck.
I always made my protein shakes with water before..,but making them with the coconut milk gives it a nice added flavor.

Latest posts

Back