I'm going to be a celebrity?

Lori

My DS (FINALLY) is on Monday and at my pre-op, my doc told me he invited many people to come and watch my "unusual" case. There will be filming and photos... and now I am freaking out more. At first I was worried I was going to wake up with an RNY but now I'm worried about what is so unusual about me!! I have a 7 year-old band, have had several abdominal surgeries, but that's it...not so bad... I had to sign (well, I chose to) a boatload of papers allowing them to film me... well, my gut.

Here we go... I always knew I was destined to be famous... :)

^^What Larra just said.^^

Also, when you check in to the hospital now, you can choose to be "invisible" to anyone looking for you. They do not give out your name or even list you as a patient. You actually have to SAY who you want to be able to find you.

I never allow student nurses or doctors in training to touch me. Phlebotomists, yes, because I'm an easy poke. One of the reasons I left my previous doctor: she always had a student doctor with her and I was a curiosity case, having the DS.

Unless you WANT to be a teaching tool. It's YOUR choice.

^^What Larra just said.^^

Also, when you check in to the hospital now, you can choose to be "invisible" to anyone looking for you. They do not give out your name or even list you as a patient. You actually have to SAY who you want to be able to find you.

I never allow student nurses or doctors in training to touch me. Phlebotomists, yes, because I'm an easy poke. One of the reasons I left my previous doctor: she always had a student doctor with her and I was a curiosity case, having the DS.

Unless you WANT to be a teaching tool. It's YOUR choice.
And dh and I blow the other way...we actually LIKE being with teaching hospitals...how else can we influence the newest generation of doctors? Trouble is, no teaching hospital right around here.

I had my surgery in a teaching hospital. All it really meant to me is that a LOT of docs checked on me. If I had had problems there were lots of chances to ask for help.

Yeah- I'm doing it. The doc said it would help more doctors learn about the DS and how to do it. I'm going forward. I made sure that only my experienced doctor would be at the controls though. I've had two bad experiences with student docs operating on me and I aint goin there again! Three days... :)

Latest posts

Back