I love you guys!

Charris

Now an angel
I was making thank you cards out and knew I needed to thank this board most of all. You guys got me to the hospital before I expired. You guys had @Spiky Bugger tracking me down. I'M even thankful to all the rat finks who snitched on me to Dr. K and gave him the phone number to track me down with all my moves during that time. Then today I received a gift certificate from someone on the site. I know who it is but I'm not sure they want it announced. I just started to cry at the fact people who really don't know me cared and went over and above. I could have been a crazy person. Had you guys not intervened I would have died. The hospital had released me to rehab. Dr. K tracked me down because of you guys and made them readmit me and put life saving measures in place. All I can say is thank you all. NOT ONE OF THE OTHER BOARDS HAVE ANYTHING ON THIS ONE.

Please don’t limit her comedic value to just one past life! It would just simply not be possible to cultivate all that, sassy, surly talent and pure raw undiscovered comedic prowess in just one life time :D !
You're gonna make me blush.

Truth be told? My sister was the cute sister, so I had to be the smart one. And she was the sweet, polite, cooperative one, so I became me!! And she spent all of her youth proving to teachers that she was not the same as her big sister, poor thing.

A few years before my mom died, Mom was complaining that my sister was rigid, unyielding and lived her life by the lists she made every day* and expected everyone on the planet to live the same way. I said, "Yeah, well, but she grew up to be exactly the person you wanted her to be, so cut her some slack."
Mom responded, "She could have been a little bit more of an ass, like you, and grown up to be more normal!"

I think that was a compliment! LOL

*My sister, like many people, creates a Things To Do List. The list is in planned chronological order. So far, so good. But then she adds the starting...AND ENDING...time of each activity and it had damned well better work that way! If a business is unexpectedly busy or a traffic jam occurs or she locks her keys in the car (she did once), her day is ruined and she is a basket case because she couldn't do the things on the list, in order and on time. Her daughter is the same way, starting in junior high, she planned on Saturday what she would wear to school each day of the next week and posted that list on her closet door.

At one point, I was tormenting them for being automatons, and my nephew, the least rigid of the bunch, proudly said, "Well, I'm not like them...although each night, I do hang the clothes I'm wearing the next day on the hanger on the back of the door."

To which his loving but sarcastic auntie said, "Uhmmm...Sweetie? You could go to work in a jockstrap and a clown wig and no one would care...since the first thing that you...and all the other firemen...do when you get to work is to change into your uniform!"

Although...they have their stories about me, to be sure. Once in a while a comment reveals the plot of the story...they try to hide it, but I know what they're up to! lol

Latest posts

Back