Hysterecotomy

Charris

Now an angel
Well I went to see the gynocologists. Him and I both believe that if I dont have a hyst. that I have a very long road of transfusions waiting for me. I have had 7 iron insfusions and 2 blood transfusions in less than 12 months. Doctor says that my body is not strong enough to go through a major surgery like that right now. So instead I am going to have an ablasha(SP?) on Feb 19. He said that will hopefully slow down the bleeding long enough for my body to recouperate from my revision and then I can get the hysterectomy some time next year when my body can handle it. Sounds like it is worth a try. I didnt want two different procedures but for now this seems the safest way for it to happen. Any thoughts?

My sister ( a normie) had uterine ablation , it worked well and she never needed an hysterectomy.

Besides very heavy cycles do you know if she had pain with them. The doctor said the ablation will take care of the bleeding but not the pain. He also said that 30% of the abltion people eventually start to have cycles again.

BTW thanks for the correct spelling. LOL

She didn't have pain, she has not mentioned her periods coming back she had it done in her early 40s and is now 51, so menopause may be a factor now.

Well either way the ablation is only a 30 minute procedure in and out. He says the same amount of time my DNC's took. I think he is right about the waiting just because I had so many problems with my revision. Then he really scared me saying that when you do a lap surgery basically the first entry site is blind because that is the camera. So i think I want to print him off the picture of our anatomy so that he can look at it and become very familiar with it.

I know 1 of 5 people that I know that had ablations have started to bleed again. Either way I am going to need a hysterectomy at some I know. I feel weird I have a huge family I am the only one with a uterus over the age of 35. Mom had a hyst at 30 her identical twin at 23. I was holding on to it scared to get rid of it but once my daughter got pregnant that was it. NO more baby possibilities from me. But its funny because I NEVER wanted anymore kids anyways it was just something mental about never being able to have kids again. LOL

Ablation is a "small" procedure. Get it done and be over it. Childbearing years are over and you need all your blood :).

I can't tell you how RELIEVED I was to donate all that shit to medical waste.

Yea I pretty much gave up caring about keeping any of it the second my daughter told me she was pregnant. I dont believe its fair for me to have children with my children it cheats the grandchildren out of their quality time.

Charris, I don't know anything about uterine ablations, but I had one in my heart a few years ago to treat atrial fibrillation/SVT. It was no big deal at all, most doctors don't even consider it "surgery". The only reason I had to stay in the hospital over night was to watch for bleeding and blood clots, I went home feeling 100% normal except for back pain from having to lay still for so long (I didn't know to mention my back problems beforehand so they could make sure I didn't lay with pressure on my lower back). Best of luck!

Yea I pretty much gave up caring about keeping any of it the second my daughter told me she was pregnant. I dont believe its fair for me to have children with my children it cheats the grandchildren out of their quality time.
Hear hear! Time for you to don the Gramma mantel and enjoy it :).

Ablation did zero for me. I ended up having a hysterectomy about 6 months after. The hysterectomy ranks in the top 3 best things I've ever done in my life.

I had a hysterectomy in 2008, I am 47 now. It was a great decision. The recovery was not bad however, I did get an infection at about 8 days out. A few antibiotics and good as new.

Charris- Have you been over to www.hystersisters.com yet? I found a lot of helpful information there. Lots of talk about ablation and alternatives to a hysterectomy.

No I haven't I will have to go check it out. I totally don't mind now. But the gyno doctor says that my body couldn't handle another major surgery right now. I agree. He says if we stop the bleeding it will help for my body to get stronger and able to handle the surgery.

I had a hysterectomy in 2008, I am 47 now. It was a great decision. The recovery was not bad however, I did get an infection at about 8 days out. A few antibiotics and good as new.

I have such painful and horrible heavy cycles that a little pain once won't even matter. The doctor said because I never actual delivered vaginally everything is too high for him to pull it out through my who who. Do When I do have it, it will have to be lap or open. Just get it out

I have the Mirena because peri-menopause was causing such heavy cycles. I actually wanted ablation but didn't have the co-pay. I have spotting once a month now. If you aren't strong enough, the IUD might allow your body to get strong enough to have the hysti...

Latest posts

Back