Howdy!

hollygal

Well I'm a newbie! I can't wait (and am a little nervous too of course) for my surgery on August 10th! Looking forward to talking to you all! I'm getting the DS surgery and I can't wait to change my life. I'm 471 pounds, married, with a beautiful 4-year old and I want my life back! Ready to make a change. :)

You're in Utah and I don't recognize your surgeon's name - PLEASE make sure you know what surgery you are getting - and that if the answer is SADI/SIPS/LoopDS that you (1) understand that it is NOT a DS; (2) understand WHY it is not a DS; (3) understand that it is experimental; and (4) understand that there are OTHER surgeons who can give you a proper standard DS, before you sign any "informed consent" statement.

You're in Utah and I don't recognize your surgeon's name - PLEASE make sure you know what surgery you are getting - and that if the answer is SADI/SIPS/LoopDS that you (1) understand that it is NOT a DS; (2) understand WHY it is not a DS; (3) understand that it is experimental; and (4) understand that there are OTHER surgeons who can give you a proper standard DS, before you sign any "informed consent" statement.
I looked him up...he is in the same office with Simper.

Hi and welcome!
Knowing that your surgeon is in the same office as Dr. Simper is a good sign, but still I would recommend asking exactly which operation he is planning. And if it isn't what you want, say so. It's your body and your life. If you aren't aware of the difference between the DS and the SADI/SIPS, find the relevant threads here and read, read, read. Lots of good info here.

Hey and welcome! It's been, possibly, the best decision I've ever made. And I was like you, feeling more excited than nervous beforehand, just wanting to get my life back :)

Welcome, @hollygal! Glad you are here. You may have already figured this out, but people here have a lot of knowledge and are very generous in sharing it. They are also fierce in their desire to keep us newbies and pre-ops alive, and that includes sizing up the surgeons we plan on using and protecting us from the ones that are less-than-honest and/or less-than-skilled. Dig in and read, read, read, and ask lots of questions -- here, and of your surgeon. Best wishes.

Latest posts

Back