Hey everyone!

Amber

Hey there! I am new here, and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Amber and I am 26 years young. I am having my DS on May 8 with Dr. Kemmeter in MI. I am currently on day 3 of my pre op diet. Its going good so far. Probably because I am so excited about surgery. I had a starting weight of 330, but in the last month and a half I brought it down to 315. My process for surgery was very quick. Because my BMI was above 50, my insurance waived the 6 month diet plan. I only had to do a few things, which took just over a month, and now I am 2 weeks away from surgery! I look forward to reading peoples stories, and getting advice from people who actually know what I am going through. My friends and family are great support, but they don't know what it is truly like to go through this process!

I have had an appendectomy as well as my gallbladder removed, but nothing weight loss related.

I have had an appendectomy as well as my gallbladder removed, but nothing weight loss related.
Take a look at the thread stickied on the main board titled, "Never had surgery, here's what to expect." Some of it will be familiar to you already, but other parts of it will be news :).

Welcome Amber! Congrats on the smooth surgery date. I hope it your surgery and recovery go just as smooth!

Welcome, congrats, and good luck!!

I hope my insurance does the same thing, but you know what they say about wishes - wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first. ;)

Do as much reading and research as possible. What have you been told about supplements? Check out dsfacts.com too.

Welcome!

I have checked out dsfacts.com. I had my labs drawn so that I can know where my normal levels are at for supplementing after surgery. I was given a list of supplements needed for a DS patient through my surgeons office. I then took this list and compared it to vitaladys recommendation and they are basically identical. I have been reading and researching and going to group seminars for several months before I decided that the DS was right for me. I continue to read and research. Thank you!

Last edited:
Welcome Amber! So happy things are going along so smooth for you! Sounds like you are on top of things, that is great. Wishing you luck and sending positive thoughts for a great surgery.

Latest posts

Back