Here we go again

Sheanie

DH's cancer is back, 3rd time. Had cryotherapy twice, both times he was confident he got it all, PSA was 0. Now its 5.7. MRI is next, then another biopsy, then either cryo or something else.

This shit sucks balls. I dont want to live without my best friend. He is fighting a prostate-ectomy, he fears incontinence. He sees 2 men in his practice who are incontinent from prostate removal.

Seeing him this stressed is impossible to deal with. This is my only outlet, as he refuses to tell anyone.

And, here we indeed are! Please let off steam, fears, frustrations, all of it , right here to us. You’re going through a tough time. You want to stay calm and supportive while inside YOU are scared and need to be calmed and supported as well. It’s so maddening being helpless to make these things better for a loved one. You and hubby will be in my prayers.

I feel your pain. DH has prostate cancer too; had radiation therapy almost 2 years ago (wouldn’t listen to me to consider proton therapy instead), and now has cirrhosis too (probably at least in part another bad genes issue from his mother), and isn’t making what I consider good decisions about his own self- care. And gets angry when I try to talk to him about it.

We can’t live their lives for them, just remind them that their decisions affect more than themselves.

I feel your pain. DH has prostate cancer too; had radiation therapy almost 2 years ago (wouldn’t listen to me to consider proton therapy instead), and now has cirrhosis too (probably at least in part another bad genes issue from his mother), and isn’t making what I consider good decisions about his own self- care. And gets angry when I try to talk to him about it.

We can’t live their lives for them, just remind them that their decisions affect more than themselves.

Can you talk a little more about the advantages of proton therapy?

I’ve forgotten the details about proton therapy but fewer side effects because the damage is more narrowly focused. But his doctor recommended radiation - and was an owner of the radiation clinic. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back