Here we go again

Its tricky choosing treatment, unless its advanced. Thankfully, his is (so far) been contained. Tomorrow we talk to the surgeon again. Have been traveling to Beaumont, near Detroit, since its a 2 year wait to get into the one shitty surgeon here who doesnt do anything but open removal.

Starting with cryotherapy, the least invasive, means we can opt for any other treatment down the line. Unlike some, which exempt surgery later. The shitty surgeon told us removal shortens the length by an inch. Why, oh why, would he say something that shocking to a vulnerable patient?

I don't want to discount your DH's concerns about incontinence, yet I wonder how often does that happen and if it's related to the adjunct cancer treatment. My DH had an open and complete prostatectomy and he had temporary problems. I'm wishing you both the best. It isn't easy seeing a loved one go through this.

I came of age during the 70s. I was relatively uninhibited. One of the best lovers I had, had the smallest penis - he knew how to use what he had. ;)

Best read to the tune of " it's not the meat it's the motion"

In "a movable feast" Fitzgerald was so worried about the size of his tackle Hemingway would bring him to the Louvre to compare it to that on the Greek statues to reassure him.. yeah I thought ... nothing like comparing yours to that of a demi-god to put your mind at rest.. nice going Hemingway;)

Last edited:
Had CT scan Friday, biopsy might be on Monday, if its still contained. CT should show if it spread.

Ok, so his 13 biopsies came back, only one shows cancer. Its a tiny area. Has not spread outside the prostate. (I wish I never knew so much about male anatomy). Dr said Gus would be the 1st of his pts to have a 3rd cryo done. Its an option, but since no elective Sx can be done for the next month, at least, he wants to think about it. He said all options are available, but wants to think.

We both really like this guy, and are thankful we were brought together. It was just dumb luck. Exactly like my DS.

So all is good for now.

Diana, his Gleason score is extremely low. Surgeons words.

Ok, so his 13 biopsies came back, only one shows cancer. Its a tiny area. Has not spread outside the prostate. (I wish I never knew so much about male anatomy). Dr said Gus would be the 1st of his pts to have a 3rd cryo done. Its an option, but since no elective Sx can be done for the next month, at least, he wants to think about it. He said all options are available, but wants to think.

We both really like this guy, and are thankful we were brought together. It was just dumb luck. Exactly like my DS.

So all is good for now.

Diana, his Gleason score is extremely low. Surgeons words.
This is a relief. Best wishes!

Latest posts

Back