Hello

lpniamrn2be

I just want to say hello. I'm new on here and I'm almost four years out. I'm not a normal DS patient. I've had bad complications about 3 week's after my surgery, I got septic from anastomosis leak- that happened in the hospital and not caught on leak test. I went into respitory failure, two collapsed lungs, COMA, life support, ICU, picc line, chest tubes, tubes in & out my body, j tube, etc. In hospital & rehab almost a year. Had to learn how to walk, talk, eat, bathe, wipe my own bottom, etc, came home with picc line & j tube. Had feedings for a year, went to hospital daily for infusions, lV antibiotics, blood transfusions. I've lost 156 pound's still have 120 until healthy bmi. I have strictures from back of throat down to intestines. Food gets stuck. Dilated during EGD 25 time's. Had 36 resin filling on leak. I'm worse off now then before surgery with health issue's. Umbilical & hiatial hernias need to go, surgeon said my stomach is a mess and the rest of it may need to come out. I'm looking for help & suggestions. Thanks for reading.

I just want to say hello. I'm new on here and I'm almost four years out. I'm not a normal DS patient. I've had bad complications about 3 week's after my surgery, I got septic from anastomosis leak- that happened in the hospital and not caught on leak test. I went into respitory failure, two collapsed lungs, COMA, life support, ICU, picc line, chest tubes, tubes in & out my body, j tube, etc. In hospital & rehab almost a year. Had to learn how to walk, talk, eat, bathe, wipe my own bottom, etc, came home with picc line & j tube. Had feedings for a year, went to hospital daily for infusions, lV antibiotics, blood transfusions. I've lost 156 pound's still have 120 until healthy bmi. I have strictures from back of throat down to intestines. Food gets stuck. Dilated during EGD 25 time's. Had 36 resin filling on leak. I'm worse off now then before surgery with health issue's. Umbilical & hiatial hernias need to go, surgeon said my stomach is a mess and the rest of it may need to come out. I'm looking for help & suggestions. Thanks for reading.
Welcome, you’ve had a hell of a ride. May I ask who was your surgeon and who is the surgeon who’s dealing with you now?

Hi and welcome lpniamrn2be! Wow, sounds like it has really rough. I've never heard of anyone with complications to that extent. I hope it gets easier. Please seek advice from a really experienced DS surgeon like Dr. Keshishian on what to do from here to address your hernias and strictures. Wishing you all the best.

Wow. I hope you are able to get help. Who is your surgeon? i had a revision from an RNY to a DS with Dr Keshishian. I had some minor complications but I was fortunate to have a skilled surgeon providing care. when we make the decision to have surgery we do so with the expectation of improving our health I am so sorry that has not been your experience.

I'm worse off now then before surgery with health issue's.

I'm sorry it's been so this bad and I guess you are really lucky to be alive. But might not feel lucky at this point!

please feel free to tell us more about yourself if you want. this is a good place to be.

:5grouphug:

Latest posts

Back