Hello All...Newbie here

Chandra S

Hello All...my name is Chandra or you can call me Chan. I'm from Knoxville TN and my surgeon is Dr Stephen Boyce. My BPD/DS is scheduled for July 11th. My CW is 320 lbs and my goal weight is 140 lbs. I have a long way to go and I look forward to having the help I've found here to guide me along the way!

Hi and welcome Chan. There are a few Boyce patients here. Ask lots of questions of us and ignore just about everything the Nutritionist tells you. You will find they give rny type advice that isn't what you need,

Welcome, @Chandra S

I'm a Boyce patient...had mine over 5 years ago. Echoing what Scott mentioned about the vitamin and (HEALED) eating advice...it's RNY advice and even for them, the vitamin advice is marginal at best. But there is lots of reading, pinned posts esp. If you can't find something ask away...we will either answer or at least get the link to you so you can read what was said.

Hello All...my name is Chandra or you can call me Chan. I'm from Knoxville TN and my surgeon is Dr Stephen Boyce. My BPD/DS is scheduled for July 11th. My CW is 320 lbs and my goal weight is 140 lbs. I have a long way to go and I look forward to having the help I've found here to guide me along the way!
Hi Chan and welcome! You'll find a wealth of quality information and genuine support here so read, read, read, and ask questions.
Not a Boyce patient, but I was at a similar starting weight (329 when I officially started my journey) and have a similar goal to get somewhere in the 140's. I'm now 6 1/2 months out, having had my DS in October, down to 209 so far and feeling great! Looking forward to following your journey!

Hello, or being from Tennessee also, Hey, Chan! I live in Middle Tennessee. There seems to be several of us around. I look forward to getting acquainted,

Latest posts

Back